Joe13

Need Help

Question

Good day guys / girls,

I have been handed a task to automate Windows 8.1 Installations within the company. It's a small company, less than 50 users.

How do I compile a custom iso image with software and some updates included into this iso. Previously used wintoolkit but want to move to Microsoft software.

I currently have Deployment Workbench installed but have no idea how to use it.

I'm not very familiar with the kind of things and would appreciate if you bear with me.

7 answers to this question

well do you want to use MDT only or MDT integrated with Configuration Manager ? if you are working in an enterprise I'd recommend the latter.

See below for some guides for same.

http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4045-system-center-2012-configuration-manager-step-by-step-guides/

I would like to integrate it, does it work better that way or can Cfg manager do the same as MDT?

Im trying to learn MDT now but having some troubles.

Will I deploy with MDT or cfg mgr?

I need to do some serious studying ASAP.

I'd recommend you integrate it, and yes time to start learning using virtual labs, a couple of virtual machines (hyperv is great) and you'll be up and running in no time at all.

OK thanks for the help thus far, forgive my ignorance...

Why would you say its better to integrate the two, what benefits am I looking at? Don't they do the same thing if you compare the deployment part of the software's?