AaronBISSELL

Executing an Application from the client cache working directory

So, I'm not even sure how to label this... or I'd have spent more time searching google. So perhaps what I will do is throw it out here and maybe someone can interpret it better than myself.

I am trying to deploy a piece of software in our SCCM 2012 environment, that requires an .iss file to script a silent install of the product. However, the execution requires a local file path, not a UNC path - so I cannot run it from a network location. So I include the file in the application package, and I can see it try to run in appEnforce.log, but it fails. When I type it manually, it succeeds.

More info:

And example of the syntax required

c:\ SolidCAMSetup\setup.exe /s /f1"c:\recording.iss"

It is noted that following the F1 command there is no space between the location of the file and command switch.

My command line in the SCCM application reads

setup.exe /s /f1"recording.iss"

this fails

when I go to the machine and replace "recording.iss" with the full path, "C:\windows\ccmcache\r\recording.iss"

It works

what command line, in SCCM will account for the working directory, "r" ? As that will change from deployment to deployment?

Something like

setup.exe /s /f1".\recording.iss"?

Im not even sure if I am saying my situation clearly enough - lol - so I will just leave it here and pray

Thanks in advance!

Aaron