spetsare

SCCM 2012 Sup with WSUS on other server

Question

Hello!

I have worked a little with CM 2007 and CM 2012. So I am not completely new to the products

I just want to clarify if you can.

Setup SUP on your SCCM 2012 server and let SUP get patches from WSUS.

WSUS is installed on another server in the domain.

I get different errors.

Right now I get

Category Product:2ee2ad83-828c-4405-9479-544d767993fc (Windows 8) not found on WSUS

Regards Janne

3 answers to this question

This very little information about the exact problem.

Also, to verify, I assume you''ve installed the SUP on the remote server with WSUS and installed the WSUS console also on the site server.

You are right I'll try to describe my thinking and problems more precisely.

I have a SCCM installed on a site server in the domain. I also have a distribution points at other locations.

For distributing patches to clients I have installed WSUS on a server at HQ and also WSUS on locations where I have DP:s

This configuration have been working well for me.

Then the customer made me aware of that my Windows 8.1 image should be updated with fixes released after creation of image.

I have been looking for a way to update my image without having to make a new image as I had to do in SCCM 2007.

Then I saw that it should be possible to use Software Updates. So what I am trying to do is just to update my Windows 8.1 image.

I would like to use WSUS for updating clients and SUP for updating my image.

What's your opinion of my thinking.

Answer to your question: I installed SUP on the siteserver and point it to my WSUS server. The WCM.LOG just says WSUS sync running......

Janne

Ok, so you're using WSUS for the regular patches and you want to use a SUP for updating the image. So, to complete your last sentence, you installed WSUS and a SUP on the site server and configured the existing WSUS server as upstream.

In that case, make sure that you are syncing the updates on the upstream server first and then synchronize them into your SUP/WSUS. Every category selected in your SUP/WSUS, also needs to exist on the upstream server.