fabianjansen

Problems with the PXE

Question

First of all great blog :) ! But we have a problem with or SCCM PXE server. We recent migrated from a Windows XP environment to a Windows 7 environment. We used or old PXE server to install all clients. It is a school environment so we installed around 4700 student computer and 700 employee computers.

First we had Landesk Management Console to manage all computer in or environment and now we use SCCM 2012. But we have set up a PXE server on the SCCM server, but now if we want to boot from that server he is downloading the boot.wim file and he is downloading the <sitecode>000005.wim file to the computer we want to PXE boot. But by the step ''configuring network'' he automatic reboots without a warning. And now I am stuck !

Can you please help me to resolve this problem ? I added also the attachment of the PXE Log.

Kinds regards,

Fabian Jansen

SMSPXE.log

1 answer to this question

looks like you need to add network drivers for the hardware you are booting to your boot.wim, the file you need to look at is on the client, press F8 and look for smsts.log in x:\windows\temp\smsts.log