hlee

Distribution Point Sync / Relocate Question

New to the site, very informative, hope to learn much more as I setup my first SCCM.

One question I have hard time searching online for answers, is that I have setup a DP with Windows 7 Enterprise on my local network segment for testing, and created boundaries & boundary groups to use the DP for contents already, tested and working. But If I want to move this DP to a remote office, with different network segment, is it possible? We would like to sync all the contents first before we ship out the DP to the remote office, due to low bandwidth availability. What's the best way to achieve this?

Thanks in advance :)

Hi,

Yes it works just fine to move a DP like that,done it many times. Make sure to remove it from all the boundaries / boundary groups when it is not used so that clients don't try to contact it when you have it in your office and update it. So when it is not used have it attached in the office so that it can be updated, then when you move it you assign it to a Boundary Group.

Regards,

Jörgen