hhancock

Device Not Discovered

I have a device that's been in Active Directory for about two weeks but doesn't show in SCCM. Other devices more recently added to AD have been discovered and have successfully installed the SCCM client. How can I troubleshoot a single device?

I am using Active Directory System Discovery and have run a full discovery with no luck.

Make sure that it;s within the OU's that are configured in the discovery. For more information check the adsysdis.log file.

It's in the OU. My WDS server adds the computer to the domain and moves it to the proper OU. I've confirmed that the computer is in the correct OU.

Removing the device from the database and performing a full discovery seemed to have worked. The device was rediscovered fine and the client was installed. The only thing now is to figure out why it's not showing up in the correct device collection.

I have device collections based on an OU called Workstations within another OU for each geography. For example, ATL > Workstations, BHM > Workstations, etc.

I think that it might not be showing up in the device collection because the schedule was set to run once every 7 days. I've since changed the rule for the device collection to once per hour. We'll see if it shows up. The device does show up correctly in the All Systems collection and is showing in the correct Active Directory Site.