fredbeard

Does anyone have some info on client agent to management point communications start to finish?

I'm looking for information or documentation on client to management point communications start to finish. What reports go where? Where's the inbox for the mp? In short I'm trying to troubleshoot some reporting problems I have. The largest one is different reports aren't showing the latest information. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong with my procedures so I'm open for suggestions.

Example - I distributed Acrobat 11 to a collection 2 days ago. The deployment monitor shows successful and the client definitely has Acrobat 11. I look at Report Manager (Software 02D) and it reports it still has Acrobat 8. I check out Resource Explorer and it says Acrobat 8. I run a query that looks for versions of Acrobat less than or equal to 11 and it reports the client has Acrobat 11.

I've forced the Hardware Inventory Cycle on the client. The client agent is set to report every 7 days so I guess I shouldn't expect it to show in the 02D report yet but why does my query produce the most recent information?

This is one of a series of questions I'm hoping I can get answered here. :unsure:

Thanks ahead of time for even reading this.

Thanks for the link and reply. This is the query.

select SMS_R_System.Name, SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.Version, SMS_R_System.OperatingSystemNameandVersion, SMS_R_System.SMSUniqueIdentifier, SMS_R_System.ResourceId from SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS on SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.ResourceID = SMS_R_System.ResourceId where SMS_R_System.Client = "1" and SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.DisplayName like "Adobe Acrobat%" and SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.Version < "11" order by SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.Version DESC

So I checked out the article and I have to tell you, excellent work! Thank you for pointing me to it. I'll be visiting you more often.

Thanks for the link and reply. This is the query.

select SMS_R_System.Name, SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.Version, SMS_R_System.OperatingSystemNameandVersion, SMS_R_System.SMSUniqueIdentifier, SMS_R_System.ResourceId from SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS on SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.ResourceID = SMS_R_System.ResourceId where SMS_R_System.Client = "1" and SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.DisplayName like "Adobe Acrobat%" and SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.Version < "11" order by SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.Version DESC

This query will find all x86 version of Adobe Acrobat and it use HW inventory to return the data. The report you are looking at use AI data. So you are comparing apples to oranges.