ThomasBNewcastle

Batch file to put shortcuts to the start menu

Question

Hello

Not sure where to post this so sorry if in worng place

Thank you for reading my post. I am brand new to scripting so my apologies if this is rather basic – But everyone starts somewhere.

We are running Windows 7 desktop on a 2003 Enterprise domain.

I need to copy some short cuts files (eod8 extension) to the start menu under “All Programs” in a folder called “EOD”. The users must be able to save and open the shortcuts (so using the All Users folder did not work since a standard user can’t save to that location) So I am copying the files to the local user profile.

My Script

setlocal

set Installpath=%~dp0

mkdir "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\EOD"

echo "No" | xcopy "%Installpath%*.eod8" "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\EOD" /d

ENDLOCAL

Timeout /T 1

When I run the script locally it works – When I deploy through SCCM It fails

“Unable to find the file *.eod8” – What I have noticed is that If I go to C:\Windows\ccmcache\XX

And edit then close the script file (no change has been made) it works through the Software Center

From my limited knowledge I think my issue could be with the location\path of my script

Thanks for your advice

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet