Hi All,

I am quite new to SCCM, but I'm slowing getting to grips with it. I am just wondering if there is way to add a PC to a collection and it then rebuild automatically. So far i have created a collection and deployed a TS to it as required. But i still have to PXE boot the PC for it to rebuild. IS there a way where it will PXE boot itself? For example if i open software store and tell it to re install the OS, it knows to PXE and start up in PE.

Thanks,

Craig.

Hi Craig

Welcome to the ConfigMgr univers! :-)

When you assign your task sequence to the collection it should be "Required". When you have your TS in place you can right click on the computer you want and add it to the collection.

If the computer isn't known by ConfigMgr you can mark the collection and select import and then assign the computer by it's mac address.

Best regards

Brian Pedersen

Hi Brian,

Thanks, Yeah i have done that, should it start the TS while in Windows, or do you have to manually tell it to boot into PE? If that makes sense! I know if i open software centre on the machine i want to rebuild and then select the TS and select install/reinstall it downloads PE and then reboots. Is that bit meant to be automated when i add a machine to the collection that has the TS deployed as required?

Thanks,

Craig.

using required task sequences is risky, always make sure you know exactly what computers are in that collection otherwise you could regret it later, I recommend optional particularly when you are new to SCCM,

as regards your problem, you can indeed start the task sequence in windows and as long as your task sequence restarts to Windows PE as one of the first steps. The step should check if you are in Windows PE and if not, reboot.