amirhasan

Why installed instance of SSRS is not visible when Site database server is installed remotely?

Question

Hello,

I've this hierarchy of CM12 implemented in lab, whereby the CAS is installed with its site database server is installed remotely i.e. the SQL server used is not installed on the site server for CAS. The remote SQL server has only database engine service and reporting service (SSRS) installed and configured. Both are validated to be working OK.

Now CAS (Central Admin Site) got installed OK, a primary site also got installed and hooked to existing hierarchy OK. Further...I would like to install the reporting services point onto site server housing CAS.

When wizard is initiated it reaches the point where i specify the remote site database server; site database name etc. clicking Verify button connects OK; but further down it doesn't show the installed instance of SSRS on remote SQL server acting as site database server. Please see screenshot below.

When we read this link: (https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg712698.aspx) the second security note under heading "To install reporting services point on a site system" specifies following:

The current user must have Read access to WMI on the site system, or the Reporting Services instances cannot be retrieved.

That's what is happening evident from screenshot above. The installed SSRS instance is not displayed.

Please bear in mind I'm doing all configuration with built-in Administrator's account, so there can be no question of permissions issue on WMI namespace on remote SQL server; or would it?

Please help!!

Link -->

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/143fca88-fb84-435c-9c32-09d17f122b0e/why-installed-instance-of-ssrs-is-not-visible-when-site-database-server-is-installed-remotely?forum=configmanagergeneral

1 answer to this question