Damo

Bitlocker and TPM Management

Question

I seem to have an issue where I cannot control the behaviour of our TPMs in our Panasonic Devices via Group Policy. I have issues where the TPMs (Manufactured by Infineon) in our Panasonic AX3s seem to lockout far too easily, previously I have not applied any group policy settings to control the behaviour of the TPMs themselves as during testing they seemed fine. Now I have tried to apply settings to set the standard user lockout threshold and maximum number of authorisations, on our Panasonic Devices I cannot seem to set these settings, its like the TPM ignores the commands from group policy. I have tried this on some Lenovo devices (TPM is manufactured by STM) built in exactly the same manner and the TPM will accept the commands. Has anyone else had this issue with these or similar devices at all?, all of our devices are built identical with the TPM being initialised during a build sequence and they are setup with Bitlocker using MBAM 2.0. Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks

4 answers to this question

Config Mangler it has a Microsoft One. I have been given a tool by Panasonic which when you extract the TPM owner password from MBAM or locally, allows for the TPM threat level to be reset each time the user logs in. Its a pain in the backside but at least it allows me to stop the TPM getting locked out by the user.