appollo

strange error problem with sccm 2007 r2 test server

hi i just ran up a test R2 server on a win2k8 R2 server, receiving errors as follows...

SMS_MP_CONTROL_MANAGER 4970 SMS Site Component Manager faild to install component SMS_MP_CONTROL_MANAGER on server ADAMA. The WebDAV server extension is either not installed or not configured properly. Solution: Make sure WebDAV is installed and enabled. Make sure there is an authoring rule that allow "All users" read access to "All content". Make sure the WebDAV settings "Allow anonymous property queries" and "Allow property queries with infinite depth" are set to "true" and "Allow Custom Properties" is set to false.

and

SMS_HIERARCHY_MANAGER 4913 Systems Management Server cannot create the object "SMS-Site-BIO" in Active Directory. Possible cause: This site's SMS Service account or the site server's machine account may not have full control rights for the "System Management" container in Active Directory Solution: Give the site's SMS Service account full control rights to the "System Management" container, and all child objects in Active Directory. Possible cause: Another Active Directory object named "SMS-Site-BIO" already exists somewhere outside of the "System Management" container Solution: Locate the other object with the same name, and delete the object from its current location. Then allow SMS create a new object. Possible cause: The Active Directory schema has not been extended with the correct SMS Active Directory classes and attributes. Solution: Turn off Active Directory publishing for each site in the forest, until the schema can be extended. The schema can be extended with the tool "extadsch.exe" from the SMS CD.

initially i ran ahead and did my own thing as far as run the prereq set everything up and install, i have since gone back through the guides from this forum and followed through step by step and cannot work out why this is failing

the web dav settings show as indicated and the permissions are correct on the systems management folder in AD but it will not write to it.

any ideas? if i dont sort it out by monday ill just reformat and start again step by step but id like to be able to figure out why its not working rather than just wipe the slate clean.

cheers :D

after further investigation it turned out that the schema extensions did not fully complete on fixing that up i have not had an error in 3 hours. the only thing now though is that it doesnt see any of the workstations in the subnet this is the boundry :(

in the active directory discovery methods, under schedule run 'as soon as possible' the then refresh the all systems collection

do you see the systems then ?

finally got it sussed after hours of trawling the web, the webdav.config file would not actually update with the configured webdav settings in IIS so although it was set corretcly the config file did not change.

after mamually editing this file it is now all good and seems to be working correctly :D

the error was that basically the C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\config\schema\webdav_schema.xml would not get updated no matter what changes i made to the webdav settings uninstalling and reinstalling made no difference i had to manually edit the file and replace the lines of code with the correct settings.

(check and make sure the relevant section in your webdav_schema.xml is correct)

<element name="properties">

<attribute name="allowAnonymousPropfind" type="bool" defaultValue="true" />

<attribute name="allowInfinitePropfindDepth" type="bool" defaultValue="true" />

<attribute name="allowCustomProperties" type="bool" defaultValue="false" />

after this i rebooted and all was fine although you could probably just restart the SMS_SITE_COMPONENT_MANAGER service.

i cant take the credit for this found it stumbling through hundreds of sites over the last few days but it fixed my problems and im now merrily testing away :D

anyway just wanted to say awesome site has been extremely helpfull :D