MRaybone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:Microsoft, VMware

Posted 27 May 2010 - 01:19 PM

Hi guys,

Just as I thought OSD was going to go smoothly and without a problem, this rears its head just as my build and capture task sequence tries to run. Quite frankly, I have no idea what to do about it, and I'm hoping some of you here have seen it before...

I boot off my boot media, the appropriate Task Sequence is detected, it works through the Policies and downloads the Windows Preinstallation Environment. Then it says "Failed to Run Task Sequence, gives the error 0x80070570, and is finished. I get the following from the system's SMSTS.LOG:

Found boot image \\sch009026.msg.local\SMSPKGI$\CEN0010E\boot.CEN0010E.wim
Copying boot image locally...
Opening image file C:\_SMSTaskSequence\WinPE\sources\boot.wim
Applying image 1 to volume C:\_SMSTaskSequence\WinPE
WIM retry: C:\_SMSTaskSequence\WinPE\WIMD82F.tmp
hVolumeImage = WIMLoadImage( m_hImageFile, iImageIndex ), HRESULT=80070570 (e:\nts_sms_fre\sms\framework\tscore\wimfile.cpp,504)
Unable to load volume image 1 (0x80070570)
BootImage.ApplyVolumeImage( iBootImage, pszDestination, &saExtractFiles), HRESULT=80070570 (e:\nts_sms_fre\sms\framework\tscore\bootimage.cpp,1278)
Closing image file C:\_SMSTaskSequence\WinPE\sources\boot.wim
BootImage::ExtractBootFiles(sImageDestPath, sLocalDataPath), HRESULT=80070570 (e:\nts_sms_fre\sms\framework\tscore\bootimage.cpp,718)
Unable to extract all files needed to boot the boot image.
The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable. (Error: 80070570; Source: Windows)

Entering ReleaseSource() for \\sch009026.msg.local\SMSPKGI$\CEN0010E\
reference count 1 for the source \\sch009026.msg.local\SMSPKGI$\CEN0010E\ before releasing
Released the resolved source \\sch009026.msg.local\SMSPKGI$\CEN0010E\
TS::Boot::BootImage::StageBootImage( pAssociatedWinPE->GetPackageID(), TsBootProgress, pv, hCancelEvent), HRESULT=80070570 (e:\nts_sms_fre\sms\client\tasksequence\tsmbootstrap\tsmediawizardcontrol.cpp,1850)
Failed to stage WinPE. Code(0x80070570)

Any ideas, because I don't know where to start? :mellow:

Cheers,
MRaybone.

#2 anyweb

anyweb

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts
  • Interests:Deploying Operating systems and more with System Center Configuration Manager

Posted 27 May 2010 - 05:26 PM

The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable. (Error: 80070570; Source: Windows) <-- is interesting,
what boot media are you using ? tell me how you created it and have you tried to create something else ?

what hardware are you trying to deploy to exactly ?
Microsoft MVP > Enterprise Client Management
My linkedin profile at > linkedin.com
Follow me on Twitter > ncbrady
Follow windowsnoob.com on Twitter > windowsnoob
My blog

#3 MRaybone

MRaybone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 08:12 AM

I followed your Deploy Vista SP1 guide to create the boot image and apply a custom background to it. I created bootable media using the same boot image because we already have a PXE server here so cannot use SCCM's PXE Service. And I'm using an HP nc6120 laptop to perform the Capture & Deploy task on.

I noticed that because of some partition weirdness on the laptop that the SMSTS.log was extracting to D:\ so I threw on a standard XP Ghost image to clean up all the paritions and sorted that problem but the original 80070570 error persisted.

I'm in the process of wiping the boot images and re-creating them to see if that helps.

#4 MRaybone

MRaybone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 08:49 AM

New boot images created in exactly the same way as before and... it appears to be working. It's past where it got to before and it's now running through the disk actions. Weird.

P.S. And I forgot to enable Quick Format in the TS so it's taking bloody ages! :angry:

#5 anyweb

anyweb

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts
  • Interests:Deploying Operating systems and more with System Center Configuration Manager

Posted 28 May 2010 - 12:02 PM

i would do the build and capture on virtual machines, use vmware or hyperv, both will make your job much easier, trust me
Microsoft MVP > Enterprise Client Management
My linkedin profile at > linkedin.com
Follow me on Twitter > ncbrady
Follow windowsnoob.com on Twitter > windowsnoob
My blog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Locations of visitors to this page