jamitupya

Installation Systems Center v.Next Beta

WORK IN PROGRESS - This is my first lab for v.Next BETA 1.

This is Built on top of Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 with a Local SQL Server 2008 Ent ServerBasic Configuration of the environment was done, you can use the Guides available here to install and configure Windows Server 2008 (non-R2) Starting Here and SQL Server 2008

Before you begin,

install Windows .NET 4.0 from here and reboot.

For SQL Server 2008, ensure SP1 CU6 is installed also. available here

This is what i will be building in a virtual environment.

Virtual Routers are Smoothwall (http://www.smoothwall.org)

I am also using a wan emulator but thats maybe overkill for most people.

vvpn.jpg

Once you have extracted the Installer (i suggest you change from c:\ to c:\vnext given it will extract to root otherwise) you will be presented with a setup.exe.

Double Clicking that shows the Following

1.jpg

To begin installation click Install: Note, the Assess server readiness option doesnt seem to find all the missing components when launched from here.

2.jpg

Click Next once you have confirmed you have the required information

3.jpg

Select "Install a Configuration Manager Central Administration Site" To proceed, Click Next

4.jpgAccept the EULA, Click Next5.jpg

Set your Alternate Path and select to download the latest updates. (hint, the .Net this downloads does not satisfy the pre-requisites)Click Next

6.jpg

Click Next

7.jpg

Input your Settings for the naming of your Central Site , Click Next

8.jpg

Confirm your SQL Server Settings, Click Next

9.jpg

Click Next

10.jpg

Select the Options you wish to install, Click Next

11.jpg

Confirm your Settings, Click Next

12.jpg

Resolve any outstanding dependencies

13.jpg

Click Begin Install once resolved

14.jpg

Stand-by whilst v.Next is installed

15.jpg

Click Next once installed

16.jpg

Finished

17.jpg

here's what the console looks like.

:-) Will start a configure walkthrough later :-)

Yeah, i am looking at the webdav atm and was thinking....hey....why aren't you being used.

and yes agree'd, for testing, however i have to test it in a more complex environment so i figured id show it to all :-(

bloody TAP participation rules.... :-)

Following on from the Above ( <a href="http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2158-installation-systems-center-v-next-beta/page__view__findpost__p__7508">here</a> )<br>Installation of a Primary Site reporting back to the CEN Central Site<br><br><font color="#1C2837"><font face="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"><font size="2">Before you begin, <br>install Windows .NET 4.0 from <a href="http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9cfb2d51-5ff4-4491-b0e5-b386f32c0992&displaylang=en" class="bbc_url" title="External link" rel="nofollow">here</a> and reboot. <br>For SQL Server 2008, ensure SP1 CU6 is installed also. <a href="http://support.microsoft.com/kb/977443" class="bbc_url" title="External link" rel="nofollow">available here</a><br></font></font></font><br><br><font color="#1C2837"><font face="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"><font size="2">Once you have extracted the Installer (i suggest you change from c:\ to c:\vnext given it will extract to root otherwise) you will be presented with a setup.exe. <br><br>Double Clicking setup.exe shows the following</font></font></font><br>1.jpg<br><br><font color="#1C2837"><font face="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"><font size="2">To begin installation click Install: Note, the Assess server readiness option doesnt seem to find all the missing components when launched from here.</font></font></font><br><font color="#1C2837"><font face="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"> </font></font><br>2.jpg<br><br><font color="#1C2837"><font face="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"><font size="2">Click Next once you have confirmed you have the required information</font></font></font><br><font color="#1C2837"><font face="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"> </font></font><br>18.jpg<br>Select the option to install a primary site<br><br>edit: Seem to be having issues with the SQL Server install, identical builds infinitely different problems :S