semo

Force compatibility mode in command line/SCCM 2007

Question

I can install XP audio drivers to Windows 7 by setting the setup.exe file in compatibility mode for XP SP3. How can I do this on SCCM 2007 or in the command line for deployment.

The driver is packaged using installshield. -s mode is supported and tested to work in 7 but only if the compatibility mode has been set.

2 answers to this question

Hm hard one..

I think this would work however:

copy a CMD.EXE into your package source and then change the combability settings (manually) on that CMD.EXE file.

Then you make your program run this command: CMD.exe /c <path to installfile>

From my very basic testing it seems that the comb setting are inherited if a program launches another program..

If this does not work you should be able to do it through VBS, but that is another story cool.gif

//Marcus

Hm hard one..

I think this would work however:

copy a CMD.EXE into your package source and then change the combability settings (manually) on that CMD.EXE file.

Then you make your program run this command: CMD.exe /c <path to installfile>

From my very basic testing it seems that the comb setting are inherited if a program launches another program..

If this does not work you should be able to do it through VBS, but that is another story cool.gif

//Marcus

Sounds good but the problem is that our packages are stored on a share which means that I can't set the compatibility mode (can only be done on a local drive AFAIK). Also the setting is not kept once the file is copied and I think SCCM copies the package files over to the local machine before executing the installation (not sure if that's correct but it's moot because you can't set compatibility mode on a UNC path to begin with).

Would be interested in the VBS method if you point me to the right direction. Thanks.