ia2s

Reinstall Windows 7 using SCCM and Hardlink

Question

Hi there,

I try to reinstall a Windows 7 computer using hardlink (Windows 7 to Windows 7 using Offline mode in Windows PE). I try to follow a similar topic (using Offline Mode in Windows PE using USMT 4 via a task sequence in SCCM 2007 SP2) but it's doesn't work. I haven't got any error on log but on the screen, i have a 0x80070091. When i browse the disk, i can see that the system cannot delete a file (c:\windows\system32\config\SOFTWARE)... Excuse for my English.

Topic i follow : using Offline Mode in Windows PE using USMT 4 via a task sequence in SCCM 2007 SP2

http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1735-using-offline-mode-in-windows-pe-using-usmt-4-via-a-task-sequence-in-sccm-2007-sp2/page__st__60__gopid__8802entry8802

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

post-6793-1282895801759_thumb.jpg

does this help

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2018585

ConfigMgr 2007: USMT 4.0: Scanstate fails to unload the SOFTWARE hive before exiting on 64-bit systems

Symptoms

When cleaning the drive as part of Configuration Manager 2007 OSD task sequence...

When cleaning the drive as part of Configuration Manager 2007 OSD task sequence, machines consistently fail to wipe the drive with a file-in-use error. The problem seems to only occur on 64-bit systems.

Configuration Manager 2007 (smsts.log)

Unable to delete file C:\Windows\System32\config\SOFTWARE (0x80070020). Retry after 1 seconds ApplyOperatingSystem

Back to the top

Cause

The USMT scanstate fails to unload the SOFTWARE hive before exiting. USMT (sca...

The USMT scanstate fails to unload the SOFTWARE hive before exiting.

USMT (scanstate.log)

2010-01-27 15:09:07, Warning [0x0803de] Failed to unload hive at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\$DEST$SOFTWARE (error 5)

2010-01-27 15:09:07, Warning [0x0803d7] CKeyMapper::Close failed for HKLM\SOFTWARE. (error 5)

2010-01-27 15:09:07, Warning [0x0803de] Failed to unload hive at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\$DEST$SOFTWARE (error 5)

Resolution

Adding a reboot to the OSD task sequence after the USMT scan will clean the system and allow for the drive to be wiped.

Note This is a "FAST PUBLISH" article created directly from within the Microsoft support organization. The information contained herein is provided as-is in response to emerging issues. As a result of the speed in making it available, the materials may include typographical errors and may be revised at any time without notice. See Terms of Use (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=151500) for other consideratio

Hi,

Just one more question. I want to have the choice between several task sequence. So I advertise two task sequence to a collection. When I try, i notice i have a mandatory task sequence (the first).

How I have to make to have the choice.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

post-6793-1285329075415_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Just one more question. I want to have the choice between several task sequence. So I advertise two task sequence to a collection. When I try, i notice i have a mandatory task sequence (the first).

How I have to make to have the choice.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Mandatory Task Sequences are forced to apply without prompting for user to select.To aviod that,make it as optional advertisement,remove the time schedule for mandatory advertisements.