anyweb

using SCCM 2012 in a LAB - Part 7. Build and Capture Windows 7 X64

so what package is ST100004, the message is clearly telling you what the problem is, you need to distribute that package to your distribution points, then try again

Let me tell you I am a newbee in SCCM Your site is a motivation factor for me to play with SCCM. ST100004 is a boot 64 boot image and I have ditributed it to DP's I can see it on the DP. Last night I deleted that package from Boot Images please advise how to get it back?. I am deploying and capturing WIN 2008 R2 on VMware worksttaion 8. Once again I am really impressed wih your efforts for this website.

Regards

x:\windows\temp\smstslog\ is a directory, it should have one or more files in it, namely SMSTS.log,. do you see that file in that directory ?

Yes that file was there and when I tried to open it with notepad it was giving me access denied error. For your info I have reinstalled SCCM and still getting the same error on top my F8 option is not working it has been set in the boot images..

just so i understand you correctly, you've enabled command prompt support as per this guide (it's an option on the boot image),

you press F8 during WinPE and a command prompt appears, at the point you type

cd %temp%

then

cd SMSTSlog

then

notepad SMSTS.log

?

WHen i import a single PC it only shows the 1 computer i have in my "Desktop" collection called Desktop...it doesn't show what you have in the screen shot "Build and Capture Win 7 X64" collection? I did the steps twice and it didn't work. WHen i just ignored it and choose the desktop collection..it rebooted the desktop and started running the task sequence :), but fails at the capture.

So I finally got my server to run the task sequence. Had to rebuild everything. Here is where I am coming up short now. I get almost completely to the end and get the following message. Anybody have any ideas? Also where would the log be at this point and how do I access it?

GkSei.jpg