AdminDavid

Configuring WDS for SCCM 2007 R3

First off I want to thank you for all the information you provide, I have been able to install and configure most of my SCCM from these forums. I usually find all my information here. Again Thank you.

Now for my issues. I have SCCM 2007 R3 running on Server 2008 R2 x64.

SCCM Server:

IIS, WDS, WSUS, SCCM, SQL Server 2008 R2

DC Server:

ADUC, DNS, DHCP

Cisco Setup:

IP Helpers Enabled to push everything to look up at DHCP Server

I first setup my SCCM without configuring WDS and I couldnt get WDS Service started. The only way I can get WDS Service to start is by configuring my SCCM Server in WDS. I set Delay in seconds: 28 so than hopefully I can get SCCM PXE it pick up before WDS does. But I am not able to get this way to work.

PXE fills in the Client IP, Mask, DHCP, Gateway IP

Then I get these errors:

PXE-T04: Access ciolation.

PXE-E36: Error received from TFTP server

PXE-MOF: Exiting PXE ROM.

If I uninstall the PSP and WDS, reboot, install WDS - without configured, reboot, install PSP, updated distrobution points on my boot images.

I get error:

PXE-E32: TFTP open timout ( with this one I know that my WDS Service is not running.)

Any information would be much appreciated.

David D.

Ok with WDS Configured and on the same VLAN as the SCCM server I get these errors.

Downloaded WDSNBP

Architecture: x64

The details below show the information relating to the PXE boot request for this computer.

Please provide these details to your Windows Deployment Services Administrator so that this request can be approved.

Pending Request ID: 10

Contacting Server: 10.16.0.9.

PXE Boot aborted. Booting to next device...

PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE ROM.

don't need to configure wds, are you sure you've advertised a ts to a collection that this computer is a member of ? try the unknown computers collection as well as a deploy OS collection

and.. update both boot images to your dp's

what is your SMSPXE.log file telling you about the problem ?

I have a TS for Capture Media built now, thought I had one before, but I guess not. Now it is attempting to connect with the monitor displaying Contacting Server: XX.XX.XX.XX and than dots... repeatedly.

SMSPXE.log shows MAC # SMBIOS GUID # > Device has been accpeted over and over.

Ok so I am having multiple issues here:

• WDS is configured and shouldnt be. - But if not configured WDS Service wont start. - How do I accomplish this?
  • IP Helper on Cisco really not working. - Not sure here, I asked our Network admin and he said he had the IP Helpers pushing to DHCP
  • Contacting Server not finishing connection. - Am I missing something?

AdminDavid

This is what got me going with WDS and PXE boot

1. Install WDS but do not configure it.
  2. Intall the PXE service point from SCCM. check pxemsi.log for successfull install. (Please note that after the install. WDS will show not configured. This is normal. WDS service should be running if not Start it.
  3. Under PXE service point Check " Allow the PXE service point to respond to incoming PXE request" and "Enable unknown computer support."
  4. Upload you boot images to you regular DP and PXE DP.
  5. On your Advertisement Place check mark on " Make this Task sequence avialable to the boo media and PXE."
  6. PXE boot on the vlan and it should work. If across vlans, Ask your NET guys to place the server IP on the Router as a helper.

Hope this helps.

Hello All,

I have similar problem with SCCM server. SCCM server is in first VLAN, DHCP in second and desktops in the third. On the router is configured IP Helper, router send DHCP packages to SCCM and to DHCP server.

I was testing PXE boot from VLAN where is SCCM server and everything was OK. Problem is when I try PXE boot from VLAN for desktops.

I recieve error:

PXE-T04 Illegal operation error

PXE-E36 Error recieved from TFTP server

PXE-M0F Exiting Intel PXE ROM

On SCCM server is installed Microsoft hotfix KB975710 and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\WDSServer\Providers\WDSTFTP

\MaximumBlockSize is set to 1024 (decimal).

Have anybody idea where could be problem ?

Thanks

Maros

Hello All,

I have similar problem with SCCM server. SCCM server is in first VLAN, DHCP in second and desktops in the third. On the router is configured IP Helper, router send DHCP packages to SCCM and to DHCP server.

I was testing PXE boot from VLAN where is SCCM server and everything was OK. Problem is when I try PXE boot from VLAN for desktops.

I recieve error:

PXE-T04 Illegal operation error

PXE-E36 Error recieved from TFTP server

PXE-M0F Exiting Intel PXE ROM

On SCCM server is installed Microsoft hotfix KB975710 and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\WDSServer\Providers\WDSTFTP

\MaximumBlockSize is set to 1024 (decimal).

Have anybody idea where could be problem ?

Thanks

Maros

Do you have DHCP option 60,66 or 67 configured on the DHCP server? You shouldn't.