Photo

using System Center 2012 Configuration Manager - Part 4. Adding roles and configuring custom Client Device Settings and custom Client User Settings

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 anyweb

anyweb

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts
  • Interests:Deploying Operating systems and more with System Center Configuration Manager

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:29 PM

In Part 1 of this series we created our new LAB, we got the System Center 2012 Configuration Manager ISO and extracted it, then copied it to our Active Directory server. We then created the System Management container in AD, delegated permissions to the container, extended the Schema for Configuration Manager. We then opened TCP ports 1433 and 4022 for SQL replication between sites, installed some prerequisites like .NET Framework 4.0, added some features and then downloaded and installed SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 CU6. We then configured SQL Server using SQL Server Management Studio for security and memory configurations prior to running the Configuration Manager 2012 setup to assess server readiness. Finally we installed a central administration site (CAS).

In Part 2 we setup our Primary server with SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 CU6. We then installed Configuration Manager 2012 on our primary server (P01) and verified that it was replicating to our central administration site (CAS) server. We then configured Discovery methods for our Hierarchy and then configure Boundaries and Boundary Groups.

In Part 3 we configured Discovery methods and configured boundaries and created a boundary group, we then configured them for Automatic Site Assignment and Content Location. Now we will add some roles to our Hierarchy and then configure Custom Client Device Settings and then deploy those settings to the All Systems collection on site P01. After that we will create Custom Client User Settings and deploy them to the All Users collection in order to allow users to define their own User and Device affinity settings.

I would recommend that you review the the links below on Technet to get Best Practice configuration advise in relation to the Application Catalog roles we are about to install.

You will add the Application Catalog roles to your Primary server as the catalog provides new functionality for your clients as part of application deployment later on in this series. If you are wondering why are there two Application Catalog roles, well they perform different functions as outlined below:-

• Application Catalog web service point: This site system role provides information about available software from the Software Library to the Application Catalog website.
  • Application Catalog website point: This site system role provides users with a list of available software.

Tip: You must install both these site system roles in the same site but you do not have to install them on the same site system server, or in the same Active Directory forest. However, the Application Catalog web service point must reside in the same forest as the site database.

Step 1. Add the Application Catalog Web Service Point and Application Catalog Website Point Roles
Note: Perform the following on the Primary Site server (P01) as SMSadmin.

Tip: In a multi-site hierarchy setup (CAS + Primaries), you need to add the roles to your Primary site as the Application Catalog roles listed below won't be available for the CAS server. You can do this configuration (adding the site system roles) on the CAS server by selecting the P01 server listed in Servers and Site System Roles), however in our example below we will do the configuration of this step on the actual site server (P01).

In the ConfigMgr console expand Administration and click on Servers and Site System Roles and right click on the Primary Site Server (P01), choose Add Site System Roles.

add site system roles.png

when the add site system roles wizard appears click next

add site system roles wizard.png

select both the Application Catalog Web Service Point and Application Catalog Website Point roles and click next

application catalog roles selected.png

now we get to specify settings for the Application Catalog web service point, this catalog web service point provides information from the software library to the application catalog website.

we are not using HTTPS in this example so click next or if you want to change the IIS website and Web application name make your changes and click next

application catalog web service point settings.png

and now we can specify settings for configuring IIS for this application catalog website point, we will stay with the defaults

specify settings to configure IIS for this application catalog website point.png

one of the nice things about our Application Catalog website is that we can customize it to a certain degree (name and colour theme) so lets input our Organization name and choose a corresponding Website theme.

specify customized settings for the application catalog website point.png

click next through summary and to completion.

add site system roles completed successfully.png

Tip: you can review the awebsvcMSI.log file stored in D:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\Logs\ to find the following line:- Product: Application Web Service -- Installation operation completed successfully.

awebsvcMSI log.png

Tip: In addition to the log above please review the awebsctl.log file and look for the following line: AWEBSVCs http check returned hr=0. bFailed=0. Give the role an hour or so to report this correctly in this log.

awebsctl log.png

Note: You will probably want to verify that the Application Catalog website is working properly at this point but to do so you'll need a computer that has Microsoft Silverlight installed. The Application Catalog requires Microsoft Silverlight, which is automatically installed as a Configuration Manager client prerequisite. If you access the Application Catalog directly from a browser by using a computer that does not have the Configuration Manager client installed, first verify that Microsoft Silverlight is installed on your computer.

Tip: For users who use the Application Catalog, Configure Internet Explorer to exclude the ActiveX control Microsoft.ConfigurationManager.SoftwareCatalog.Website.ClientBridgeControl.dll from ActiveX filtering and allow it to run in the browser. Details of how to do that are found here.

Troubleshooting tips: Please refer to the following Technet Blog for some great Tips and Tricks for Deploying the Application Catalog in System Center 2012 Configuration Manager.

Step 2. Configure Custom Client Device Settings

We will now configure custom client device settings on our Primary server. This will apply to all systems that we deploy them to on that site, you can configure multiple custom client device settings and target them (deploy them) to different collections to control how your computers behave in your hierarchy. if you want to configure settings that apply to all sites in your hierarchy create custom client agent settings on your CAS server.

Tip: Custom Client settings always take priority over Default Client Settings. For information about Planning for client settings please see this link on Technet.

In the Administration workspace, right-click on Client Settings in Site Configuration and choose Create Custom Client Device Settings.

create custom client device settings.png

give the custom device settings a suitable name, we will call them Custom Client Device Settings

custom client device settings name.png

select the following custom settings from the list (we can add/configure more later)

• Client Policy
  • Computer Agent
  • Software Updates

3 custom settings.png

in the left pane, click on the first selected, Client Policy, this is a LAB so lets be more aggresive than the Default setting of 60 minutes in the client policy polling interval, we will set it to 5 minutes in the LAB. This means that once every 5 minutes the Client will contact it's Management Point for any new policy. It's probably best not to set it this aggressively in production as you could generate a lot of traffic from the clients to your Management Point and that will mean two things, increased network load and increased load on the Management Point server, and we all know that the more you load your servers, the slower they get (usually).

client policy.png

Next we will configure the Computer Agent settings from the options in the left pane. The first thing you'll want to configure is the Default Application Catalog Website (which we installed above !), so click on Set Website.

set website.png

in the select application catalog website point drop down menu select your choice

select application catalog website point.png

Set Add default Application Catalog website to Internet Explorer trusted sites zone to True and fill in the Organization Name you want displayed in Software Center (the modern day equivalent of Run Advertised Programs which we had in Configuration Manager 2007)

computer agent.png

In the left pane select Software Updates and set the Software updates scan schedule from 7 days to 1 day, this will be because we want to synchronize Endpoint Protection definition updates on a daily basis. We will be configuring Endpoint Protection fully in a later part of this series.

software update scan schedule.png

Apply your changes by clicking OK.

Step 3. Deploy our Custom Client Device Settings.

Creating custom client device settings will not take effect until they are deployed to a collection. Right click on our newly created Custom Client Device settings and click Deploy.

Deploy Custom Client Device Settings.png

Select the All Systems Collection and click OK. By doing this action you are applying the Custom Client Device settings to all devices in the All Systems collection. As this is a LAB we don't have many computers in there but that will grow over time.

All Systems collection.png

Tip: Now that you have created and deployed our Custom Client Device Settings you can go ahead and create more Custom Client Device Settings with different options as appropriate and then Deploy them to different collections. In addition you can change the priority of the Custom Client Device Settings so that one takes priority over another (highest priority wins).

Step 4. Configure Custom Client User Settings

Now that we have our Custom Client Device settings done, let's turn our attention to creating Custom Client User Settings, there are not so many options in these settings but they are useful none-the-less and they are also user specific. They allow you to define whether users can define their Mobile devices and also allow users to set their own User Device Affinity.

In the Administration workspace, right-click on Client Settings in Site Configuration and choose Create Custom Client User Settings

.create custom client user settings.png

Give the new Custom Client User Settings a suitable name and select User and Device Affinity as per the screenshot below

custom client user settings name.png

for User and Device Affinity, set the drop down menu to True as per the screenshot below, this allows users to decide for themselves if the computer they are using is their primary device (in the My Devices section within the Application Catalog)

user and device affinity set to true.png

Click ok to apply the changes.

Step 5. Deploy our Custom Client User Settings.

Right click on our newly created Custom Client User settings for site P01 and click Deploy.

deploy custom client user settings.png

As these are custom Client User settings you need to deploy them to a User Collection, as this is a LAB we don't have to be fussy so we will select the All Users collection, in production you'll probably want to have more than one Custom Client User Settings defined with different settings for different User Collections.

all users collection.png

In the Next part of this series we will add the Software Update Point role and use it to deploy the Configuration Manager Client to our computers and then we will verify that they are receiving the Custom Client Device Settings and Custom Client User Settings we've defined above.

Microsoft MVP > Enterprise Client Management
My linkedin profile at > linkedin.com
Follow me on Twitter > ncbrady
Follow windowsnoob.com on Twitter > windowsnoob
My blog

#2 ccshutts

ccshutts

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:35 PM

in this part, you mentioned: "We will be configuring Endpoint Protection fully in a later part of this series." I figured that would be part 6 or 7, but didn't see it out there. Am I missing it somewhere?

#3 anyweb

anyweb

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts
  • Interests:Deploying Operating systems and more with System Center Configuration Manager

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:51 PM

Am I missing it somewhere?

nope, i just havn't had time to write it yet, be patient, each part takes me days to prepare and complete.

Edit: the Endpoint Protection part is now done, see here.
My blog

#4 naturelover

naturelover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:32 AM

Just want to tell you big thanks from Latvia for what you are doing!!! Great posts ^_^
  • anyweb likes this

#5 naturelover

naturelover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:50 AM

Note: You will probably want to verify that the Application Catalog website is working properly at this point but to do so you'll need a computer that has Microsoft Silverlight installed. The Application Catalog requires Microsoft Silverlight, which is automatically installed as a Configuration Manager client prerequisite. If you access the Application Catalog directly from a browser by using a computer that does not have the Configuration Manager client installed, first verify that Microsoft Silverlight is installed on your computer.

can you tell how to do that?
I have checked all logs are the same as in your creenshot, but when I try on some client who has Silverlight
typing http://<yourServerName>/CMApplicationCatalog I get "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" ((

#6 aparis99

aparis99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:46 PM

can you tell how to do that?
I have checked all logs are the same as in your creenshot, but when I try on some client who has Silverlight
typing http://<yourServerName>/CMApplicationCatalog I get "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" ((

Try this
start-> Run--> c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet_regiis.exe -iru

#7 mniccum

mniccum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:57 PM

The link to the CM Application Catalog was not working for me. I followed this guide to fix the issue with the CMApplicationCatalog:

http://rikkoss.wordp...ly/#comment-130

Also read my reply in order to kick off the process immediately rather than waiting 60 minutes.

Thanks,

Mike

#8 podavies

podavies

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:11 PM

When I get open the Application Catalogue and search for optional software I always get prompted for credentials can any one help with this

#9 kartook

kartook

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:21 AM

I am struck and i found logs ....

I followed one by one .. i am sure some thing i missed .. kindly help to solve this issue .. i am really new ans i happy to know your GUides to make clear understanding .. iam struck in this Client confoguration

I attached the Error logs image

Posted Image

Attached Images

• Screenshot.png

#10 anyweb

anyweb

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:53 PM

you've setup your DP as HTTPS, do you have a PKI infrastructure ?
My blog

#11 kartook

kartook

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:06 AM

Thanks for your answer .

Nope i am not PKI installed ... How to make HTTPS to HTTP ?

I checked appcatalog found some thing refer a Screenshot ..

Thanks for your time and help

Attached Images

• Rolesa.jpeg
  • appcatalogHTTP.jpeg

#12 kartook

kartook

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:06 AM

I installed PKI infrastructure and confiogured . ALl clients installed certificate now .

After that error logs below :

CcmSetup failed with error code 0x80004004 ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:47 PM 4008 (0x0FA8)
==========[ ccmsetup started in process 3040 ]========== ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 3104 (0x0C20)
CcmSetup version: 5.0.7711.0000 ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 3104 (0x0C20)
Running on OS (6.1.7601). Service Pack (1.0). SuiteMask = 272. Product Type = 3 ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 3104 (0x0C20)
Ccmsetup command line: "C:\Windows\ccmsetup\ccmsetup.exe" /runservice /config:MobileClient.tcf ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 3104 (0x0C20)
Command line parameters for ccmsetup have been specified. No registry lookup for command line parameters is required. ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 3104 (0x0C20)
Command line: "C:\Windows\ccmsetup\ccmsetup.exe" /runservice /config:MobileClient.tcf ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 3104 (0x0C20)
SslState value: 224 ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 3104 (0x0C20)
CCMHTTPPORT: 80 ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 3104 (0x0C20)
CCMHTTPSPORT: 443 ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 3104 (0x0C20)
CCMHTTPSSTATE: 63 ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 3104 (0x0C20)
CCMHTTPSCERTNAME: ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 3104 (0x0C20)
FSP: SCCM.DOMAIN.LOCAL ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 3104 (0x0C20)
CCMCERTISSUERS: CN=domain-ADS-CA; DC=domain; DC=local ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 3104 (0x0C20)
CCMFIRSTCERT: 1 ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 3104 (0x0C20)
Config file: C:\Windows\ccmsetup\MobileClientUnicode.tcf ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 3104 (0x0C20)
Retry time: 10 minute(s) ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 3104 (0x0C20)
MSI log file: C:\Windows\ccmsetup\client.msi.log ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 3104 (0x0C20)
MSI properties: INSTALL="ALL" SMSSITECODE="P01" CCMHTTPPORT="80" CCMHTTPSPORT="443" CCMHTTPSSTATE="63" FSP="SCCM.DOMAIN.LOCAL" CCMCERTISSUERS="CN=domain-ADS-CA; DC=domain; DC=local" CCMFIRSTCERT="1" ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 3104 (0x0C20)
Source List: ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 3104 (0x0C20)
\\SCCM.domain.local\SMSClient ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 3104 (0x0C20)
\\SCCM.DOMAIN.LOCAL\SMSClient ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 3104 (0x0C20)
MPs: ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 3104 (0x0C20)
HTTPS://SCCM.domain.local ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 3104 (0x0C20)
No version of the client is currently detected. ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 3104 (0x0C20)
Updated security on object C:\Windows\ccmsetup\. ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 3104 (0x0C20)
Sending Fallback Status Point message to 'SCCM.DOMAIN.LOCAL', STATEID='100'. ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 3104 (0x0C20)
Failed to get client version for sending messages to FSP. Error 0x80041010 ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 3104 (0x0C20)
Params to send FSP message '5.0.7711.0000 Deployment ' ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 3104 (0x0C20)
State message with TopicType 800 and TopicId {51DDA449-6DF8-42E8-ABDC-4EBD6816342A} has been sent to the FSP FSPStateMessage 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 3104 (0x0C20)
Running as user "SYSTEM" ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 1456 (0x05B0)
Detected 46755 MB free disk space on system drive. ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 1456 (0x05B0)
Ccmsetup is being restarted due to an administrative action. Installation files will be reset and downloaded again. ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 1456 (0x05B0)
Only one MP HTTPS://SCCM.domain.local is specified. Use it. ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 1456 (0x05B0)
Searching for DP locations from MP(s)... ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 1456 (0x05B0)
Current AD site of machine is Default-First-Site-Name LocationServices 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 1456 (0x05B0)
Local Machine is joined to an AD domain LocationServices 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 1456 (0x05B0)
Current AD forest name is domain.local, domain name is domain.local LocationServices 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 1456 (0x05B0)
DhcpGetOriginalSubnetMask entry point is supported. LocationServices 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 1456 (0x05B0)
Begin checking Alternate Network Configuration LocationServices 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 1456 (0x05B0)
Finished checking Alternate Network Configuration LocationServices 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 1456 (0x05B0)
Sending message body '<ContentLocationRequest SchemaVersion="1.00">
<ClientPackage/>
<ClientLocationInfo LocationType="SMSPACKAGE" DistributeOnDemand="0" UseProtected="0" AllowCaching="0" BranchDPFlags="0" AllowHTTP="1" AllowSMB="0" AllowMulticast="0" UseInternetDP="0">
<ADSite Name="Default-First-Site-Name"/>
<Forest Name="domain.local"/>
<Domain Name="domain.local"/>
<IPAddresses>
<IPAddress SubnetAddress="172.16.89.0" Address="172.16.89.110"/>
</IPAddresses>
</ClientLocationInfo>
</ContentLocationRequest>
' ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 1456 (0x05B0)
Sending message header '<Msg SchemaVersion="1.1"><ID>{296ED73E-0DAA-4451-B465-76BAC357B430}</ID><SourceHost>SCCM</SourceHost><TargetAddress>mp:[http]MP_LocationManager</TargetAddress><ReplyTo>direct:SCCM:LS_ReplyLocations</ReplyTo><Priority>3</Priority><Timeout>600</Timeout><ReqVersion>5931</ReqVersion><TargetHost>HTTPS://SCCM.domain.local</TargetHost><TargetEndpoint>MP_LocationManager</TargetEndpoint><ReplyMode>Sync</ReplyMode><Protocol>http</Protocol><SentTime>2012-10-11T10:57:59Z</SentTime><Body Type="ByteRange" Offset="0" Length="1060"/><Hooks><Hook3 Name="zlib-compress"/></Hooks><Payload Type="inline"/></Msg>' ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 1456 (0x05B0)
CCM_POST 'HTTPS://SCCM.domain.local/ccm_system/request' ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 1456 (0x05B0)
Begin searching client certificates based on Certificate Issuers ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 1456 (0x05B0)
Certificate Issuer 1 [CN=domain-ADS-CA; DC=domain; DC=local] ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 1456 (0x05B0)
Finding certificate by issuer chain returned error 80092004 ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 1456 (0x05B0)
Completed searching client certificates based on Certificate Issuers ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 1456 (0x05B0)
Unable to find any Certificate based on Certificate Issuers ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 1456 (0x05B0)
Locate client certificate bypassing Certificate Issuers restriction ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 1456 (0x05B0)
Begin searching client certificates based on Certificate Issuers ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 1456 (0x05B0)
Completed searching client certificates based on Certificate Issuers ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 1456 (0x05B0)
Begin to select client certificate ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 1456 (0x05B0)
The 'Certificate Selection Criteria' was not specified, counting number of certificates present in 'MY' store of 'Local Computer'. ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 1456 (0x05B0)
1 certificate(s) found in the 'MY' certificate store. ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 1456 (0x05B0)
Only one certificate present in the certificate store. ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 1456 (0x05B0)
Begin validation of Certificate [Thumbprint 0CF77F46D90062E7DC206FC6B7C343E8D06B9E0D] issued to 'SCCMcert' ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 1456 (0x05B0)
The Certificate [Thumbprint 0CF77F46D90062E7DC206FC6B7C343E8D06B9E0D] issued to 'SCCMcert' doesn't have 'Client Authentication' capability. ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 1456 (0x05B0)
Completed validation of Certificate [Thumbprint 0CF77F46D90062E7DC206FC6B7C343E8D06B9E0D] issued to 'SCCMcert' ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 1456 (0x05B0)
GetSSLCertificateContext failed with error 0x800b0110 ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 1456 (0x05B0)
Sending Fallback Status Point message to 'SCCM.DOMAIN.LOCAL', STATEID='315'. ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 1456 (0x05B0)
Failed to get client version for sending messages to FSP. Error 0x80041010 ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 1456 (0x05B0)
Params to send FSP message '5.0.7711.0000 Deployment Error 0x800b0110' ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 1456 (0x05B0)
State message with TopicType 800 and TopicId {6100305D-B382-4EF0-BCCE-ACA23CC77744} has been sent to the FSP FSPStateMessage 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 1456 (0x05B0)
GetHttpRequestObjects failed for verb: 'CCM_POST', url: 'HTTPS://SCCM.domain.local/ccm_system/request' ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 1456 (0x05B0)
GetDPLocations failed with error 0x800b0110 ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 1456 (0x05B0)

Failed to get DP locations as the expected version from MP 'HTTPS://SCCM.domain.local'. Error 0x800b0110 ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 1456 (0x05B0)
Next retry in 10 minute(s)... ccmsetup 10/11/2012 4:27:59 PM 1456 (0x05B0)

#13 arindellster

arindellster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:40 AM

Hello

I have set up a new SCC 2012 heirarchy. While trying to deploy the client settings and wehen I right click on it, I do not see the deploy option. The only option available there is PROPERTIES, with which i can alter the properties, I do not see the deploy option or any other option. Do let me know if you want to see the screenshot for the same.

What am I doing wrong?????????

#14 anyweb

anyweb

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:59 AM

yes please include a screenshot of what you are talking about
My blog

#15 kartook

kartook

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:11 AM

I tried to install manually

ccmsetup.exe \SMSSITECODE=P01 DNSSUFFIX=domain.localhost

Client installed but its not reporting on my SCCM ????

#16 anyweb

anyweb

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:14 AM

I tried to install manually

ccmsetup.exe \SMSSITECODE=P01 DNSSUFFIX=domain.localhost

Client installed but its not reporting on my SCCM ????

hi Kartook,
do you need to have your site configured in PKI mode, if not, then why not follow the guide as written and use regular distribution points (HTTP) instead of HTTPS
My blog

#17 kartook

kartook

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:37 AM

I love follow your guide as it it is ......

11 October 2012 - 08:36 AM .

can you i shared a Image which is graed out ... HTTPS and HTTP ..

OKIE .... I think i made something wrong installing on WIndows 2008 R2 -4 bit :(??????

I am going to start Lab installation from scarch ....

#18 Pfeiffer

Pfeiffer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:37 AM

When I get open the Application Catalogue and search for optional software I always get prompted for credentials can any one help with this

I had the same issue. I found adding the server to the Local Intranet Zone did the trick. I am still not certain why Automatically Detect Intranet zone is not picking this up.

http://www.cb-net.co...up-cross-domain

#19 vpn

vpn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

Greetings.

I have come to the point were I feel the need to ask a question here in the great forum.

I have followed the guide for installing SCCM, with a CAS and a Primary server.
My problem is that I am missing a few applications in IIS on my Primary server (SCCM) after everything is done, and thus my clients can not access them.
I have not been able to locate where theese should have been created, and what causes them to not be created.

On my Windows 2008 R2 server with IIS7 i have the following content under default website.
aspnet_client, ClientWebService, CMApplicationCatalog, CMApplicationCatalogSvc, SelfUpdate, SMS_DP_SMSPKG$, SMS_DP_SMSSIG$, SMS_FSP

I should also have had, but are missing the following: CCM_CLIENT, CCM_Incoming, CCM_System, CCM_System_WindowsAuth, SMS_MP, SMS_MP_WindowsAuth

As a result, i am getting a 404 error on the client install:

Sending message header '<Msg SchemaVersion="1.1"><ID>{03B79561-6E77-4C79-BB0E-092BDEE2E07F}</ID><SourceHost>VPN-W7</SourceHost><TargetAddress>mp:[http]MP_LocationManager</TargetAddress><ReplyTo>direct:VPN-W7:LS_ReplyLocations</ReplyTo><Priority>3</Priority><Timeout>600</Timeout><ReqVersion>5931</ReqVersion><TargetHost>http://SCCM.pp.local.../SentTime><Body Type="ByteRange" Offset="0" Length="1064"/><Hooks><Hook3 Name="zlib-compress"/></Hooks><Payload Type="inline"/></Msg>'
CCM_POST 'http://SCCM.pp.local..._system/request'
Failed to receive ccm message response. Status code = 404
Failed to find DP locations with error 0x80004005, status code 404. Check next MP.
Only one MP http://SCCM.pp.local is specified. Use it.
Have already tried all MPs. Couldn't find DP locations.
GET 'http://SCCM.pp.local...nt/ccmsetup.cab'
Failed to successfully complete WinHttp request. (StatusCode at WinHttpQueryHeaders: 404)
DownloadFileByWinHTTP failed with error 0x80004005

I have been trough the logs and cant find anything that sheds any light on this, nor have I found info about this in the forums.

There is a lot of similar issues, but thoose are pointing to firewall, installation account, and other issues, and not to IIS itself.

Regards
VPN

#20 MASC&03

MASC&03

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:49 PM

Greetings,

I have a primary site test lab versus a CAS plus primary sites environment.  Does it matter if the Application Catalog roles point towards the custom site specified for WSUS or the default site as in your guides?

thanks in advance

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Locations of visitors to this page