MissParker

How can I create a query to find systems with Office 2007 installed?

Question

I am trying to identify the desktops in my network that have Office 2007 installed so I can then upgrade those systems that do not by running a subselected query against the first query. I have created a query that looks for "Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007" in the Add/Remove list and I do get a list of computers but it doesn't find some desktops that I know for a fact have it installed. How can I identify the computers by looking for the installed application's file path or version?

4 answers to this question

edited post and added query.

Use the following query for the collection:

select SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceID,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceType,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Name,SMS_R_SYSTEM
.SMSUniqueIdentifier,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Client from SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS on SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.ResourceID = SMS_R_System.ResourceId where SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.DisplayName = "Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007" or SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.DisplayName = "Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007" or SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.DisplayName = "Microsoft Office Standard 2007"

cheers

anyweb

I haven't read those articles yet but I wanted to let you know that somehow the queries are working today. Everything is just as it was. I haven't changed anything in the past few days. Maybe the SCCM client took some time to update the information after certain computers had Office 2007 installed? Thank you for all of your help.

I can explain why... You have to tune up Hardware Invetory in your SMS Site.

In u'r console, Expand Site Databse, Site Management, %YOUR SITE%, Site Settings, Client Agents. In the right pane, double click on Hardware Invetory Client Agent.

Set u'r values and hit OK.

/Tobie