bpkrillen

SCCM 2012 no Mac Address in columns

Question

Hi,

Does anyone know is there a way we can show the Mac Addresses in a column format when selecting the Devices node. Why I'm asking this is that if we re-image a lab to all unknown PC's and one of those fail we have to manually search each unknown PC to compare its mac address to the failed one.

If there was a way where we could list the unknown PC with a column for its mac address it would make searching a lot more simpler.

There are options to add other column fields but mac address isn't one of those.

I have attached a file (sccm.jpg) for reference if I'm confusing anyone.

Regards,

Dale Kellas.

post-18714-0-68984600-1357699750_thumb.jpg

2 answers to this question

Just use the associate MAC address to system report!!

Why I'm asking this is that if we re-image a lab to all unknown PC's and one of those fail we have to manually search each unknown PC to compare its mac address to the failed one.

But the successful PCs that get imaged will no longer be seen as unknown they will get the name stamp you have specified during OSD. Thus the only unknown system will be that of your failed PC!!

Just delete this account(unknown) and away you go again!!

Rocket Man

Did anyone find a way to get this working? I can use the system report but it would be nice to have the MAC address listed here so that I don't have to run that report. We image close to 50 pc's at a time and when one fails, it's a pain to search through each unknown device to find the one I'm looking for.