• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jhille

jhille

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:26 PM

We have a serious problem deploying OS to Lenovo W530. The computer has a MicroSSD drive that is confusing OSD. The "Disk0" or "Disk1" assignment is also random for the msata and the main HDD.

"Apply Operating System" targets logical drive letter stored in the "System" variable.

Anyone here who have bult a SCCM 2007 Task Sequence for this model?

Attached Images

• Capture.1JPG.JPG

#2 mpalmer

mpalmer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:56 PM

We had a similiar issue with an HP ultabook model that has msata. The solution that worked for us was related to the bios and not the task sequence. In the bios we made sure the msata drive was enabled and changed the Boot Mode from the default legacy to UEFI Hybrid.

#3 Buggin

Buggin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:33 PM

@ mpalmer- this worked for me, HP 9470m. We rec'd 2 of these laptops w/mSATA and no other drives installed (we were expecting regular SSD drives), and we had 2 hours to get them imaged and out the door.

While I had one of my guys start looking around for an SSD, I went online for answers. I tried adding drivers in SCCM 2012 and was going to try other Task Sequence when I saw this post... I am happy to say I was able to get the images deployed and in the hands of the users in less than 40 minutes.

THANK YOU!!

Buggin

#4 67_dbc

67_dbc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:16 PM

Can someone assist in details on the formatting? I am trying to install OSD via SCCM 2012 on Lenovo X240 series. Currently the configuration hardware is 16GB mSATA and 7200RPM 500GB HDD. I guess what I don't understand is, am I suppose to load the OS on the mSATA, which to me seems logical? The additional drive, how is that being used for additional storage space? From the original poster jhille, I did exactly what was done but my results don't add up as expected.

Someone have additional screen shots from Disk Management or TS Volume Properties are suppose to look like?

Thanks,

Eric

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Locations of visitors to this page