3 replies to this topic

#1 SLCollege

SLCollege

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:57 AM

Hi

I have recently deployed SCCM 2012 using your configuration guides, which are excellent!

I have deployed a standalone server and everything else is configured as advised in the guides.

The issue I have is when MS updates are deployed after patch Tuesday. In the past it was possible, through GPO, to delay a system reboot after updates have been applied with the option given to user to delay a reboot for a period of time.

I am unable to get this functionality to work in SCCM 2012 as each time updates are applied, SCCM displays a dialogue box advising that the system will be rebooted in xx time. There is no option to delay the reboot.

In my Monthly Updates ADR I have configured, under User Experience', suppress system restart for both servers and workstations but this does not appear to work.

I am still quite new to SCCM 2012 and so far I am enjoying its functionality, but this is causing me a real headache.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Paul

#2 brink668

brink668

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:45 PM

I have the exact opposite problem I am trying to get my systems to restart during the maintenance window after installing updates.

Users are getting prompted to Restart the machines but I want to force the restart on them.

I will detail my environment for you to possibly help you get yours to not-restart as this is the case for me.

#3 mhakeem

mhakeem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:29 AM

Dear All, 

I have Primary site , I have issue with discovery . I want to discover my local sub net or the sub net I want but when I start discovery it discover all the computer in my network.

The reason is the I am only trying to connect computers in my local sub net not in other regions.

Thanks

Hakeem

#4 jkabaseball

jkabaseball

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:57 PM

What I do it push the updates out as available.  Then on Saturday night I run a powershell script that tells the clients to install all available updates for it.  Afterwards I run a script a few times that detects a pending reboot and reboots the PC.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sccm 2012, wsus, ms updates

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Locations of visitors to this page