welshslider

Getting SCCM 2012 To Activate Windows 7

Question

Hi forum,

I've added this command into my task sequence but unfortunately I still have to log in after the build has completed and click on Activate. I don't need to enter a licence key as that's in the T/S. When I run this command from a Run command it says it needs elevated privileges to run. Any idea how incorporate this into the command?

cscript.exe %windir%\system32\slmgr.vbs /ato

Thanks

6 answers to this question

try this

cscript //b c:\windows\system32\slmgr.vbs /ato

let me know whats the result please

~MOhanad

Hi Mohanad. Thanks for the reply. As coincidence may have it I was just trying that and unfortunately I get the same result. (Still says 3 days until automatic activation. Activate windows now) If I activate manually it activates successfully.

Are you sure, you've typed the lincence key correct then? I'm using this command to activate my Windows 7 clients. What type of account do you use? You need to use an account with admin rights.

Do you have a firewall protecting your environment. (Not the built-in Windows 7 firewall)?

Are you sure, you've typed the lincence key correct then? I'm using this command to activate my Windows 7 clients. What type of account do you use? You need to use an account with admin rights.

Do you have a firewall protecting your environment. (Not the built-in Windows 7 firewall)?

Hi. Confirmed the key is fine. It activates after it's built if I click on activate (without having to enter the key.) When you mention account do you have to specify in the T/S which account to use to run cscript //b c:\windows\system32\slmgr.vbs /ato? At the mo it's blank so I'm guessing it uses the default account that SCCM uses.

Just tried running the script from a run command and nothing happens. No message or anything. If I run the same command without the //b part it tells me access is denied and require elevated privileges