diablo

update sccm 2007 agent to sccm 2012 agent

hi,

I migrate my sccm 2007 to sccm 2012. I configured client push installation on sccm 2012. How can i upgrade sccm 2007 agents on my client computers?

I tried client push installation but nothing happened.

Thankx...

client push requires a lot of behind the scenes to work properly, if using auto client push then firewalls and local admin account access are needed amongst other things. on the server side check ccm.log (as Peter said) on the client side look at ccmsetup.log or if client installation fails client.msi.log

if nothing happens on the client then verify that the firewall is allowing traffic through from the configmgr server, and that the client push installation account is a member of the local admin group

I have lab setup with SCCM 2012.

and I am trying to install client using client push installation, and also assigned one user account who is having domain admin rights.

once I have initialed the client installation on one workstation, installation of Client was not initiating from the server. when I checked in CCM.log, server was not able to access \\XXXX\Admin$\ share... when I checked in my workstation, Firewall was on. then I turned off, client agent installation was success.

Do we need to off the firewall everytime when we are installing the client...?

do we have any other way such away that we can on the firewall on all the workstations and can be able to do our client installation withput any delay...?

Please guide me if we have anyother configurations need to do from the server side to get the firewall on and as well as our client installation will pass on.....

Please guide me...

Do we need to off the firewall everytime when we are installing the client...?

no, you need to open the ports required for client push, if you decide on using that method of getting the client installed..

they are documented on Technet as well as here,

as a side note...the recommended best practice method of installing the client via Configuration Manager doesn't involve firewalls at all, look at this post.