toratb

Import New Driver wizard - strange problem

Hello.

This is my first post here. I have been using SCCM 2012 for a little while now. I have imported about 30-40 different PC models. About 20% of the models "failed". The wizard does not give any indication of any foul play, it all seems like everything went ok. But when I check the Monitoring - Content Status and compare the size (MB) of the package to the folder of the imported drivers, they "often" dont match.

If I delete the Driver Package and delete the imported drivers, and do the same import again, I have managed to force some more models that previously had wrong size. I did the import exactly the same way, some times the size is wrong and sometimes the sizes is correct. I have no clue as to why it some times failes and some times work...

I tried to look at the DriverCatalog.log, but didnt find anything interesting..

Has any other then me experienced this problem?

Can someone please check this

Compare this "Monitoring" - "Content Status" - "Size (MB)"

to the folder you use for imported driverpackages

They should be the same size...

PS. The driver with wrong size seem to work fine, so im wondering if this is just a bug to the "Monitoring" - "Content Status" - "Size (MB)" view... sometimes not updating correctly?

Could this not have something to do with that SCCM only stores a driver once on the DP? If you import drivers for three computer models that are in the same series, they often have the same drivers. I don't think SCCM imports the driver three times, it only does it once. Maybe this is why the folder size is different. Not sure though, could be way off.

This is true......some models have the same family of drivers...so once imported previously into the driver store from another package it will not duplicate the same driver....bear in mind it is the model specific driver package that is important here...once the drivers are in the package everything should be OK

This is true......some models have the same family of drivers...so once imported previously into the driver store from another package it will not duplicate the same driver....bear in mind it is the model specific driver package that is important here...once the drivers are in the package everything should be OK

Yeah, I think this is the case... I have tested the drivers that report wrong size, and they seem to work just fine. I have also asked at technet, but no replies just yet. (same title as this thread)