anyweb

watching the MMS 2010 keynote ?

as I can't attend MMS I'm watching it live, luckily i can watch it on my plasma in the comfort of my sitting room !

IMAG0243.jpg

IMAG0245.jpg

IMAG0246.jpg

if you are not watching it now then why not ? Bob is on stage right now

http://www.studiosevent.com/newscenter/?id=mms

cheers

niall

here are some fairly random points I've taken from the Keynote:

The Cloud

So far there's been talk about The Cloud, Azure, Visual Studio 2010, DPM 2010, SCSM 2010 and more, 2000 servers in a container, cooled, wired to go, running bing and more in Chicago warehouse...claims 10x cost savings, Ops Manager

"Bad things happen to good servers."

Windows Server 2008 R2 clustering technology.."Business Demands More !" application virtualization, all of this is controlled and orchestrated by a model,

App Model, code named 'M' in beta, dev tool. 10X faster to market

Todays reality, System Center

System Center Data Center - sneak peak

abstraction, key feature of the cloud, business values, applications and services, using virtual machine manager, DAC db in server 2008, MSdeploy packages which will configure IIS...

System Center VMM enabling the cloud, 'will manage the number of instance of the web, scale out as required by the load'

deploy the app tier, server app-v, dynamically deploy server app right into, using a single os image, high performance storage... deployed by VMM - template for deploying servers, contose web store service

Offline Patching virtual machines

Patching the virtual machines, scanning for compliance, co-ordinate with wsus, offline scan the vhd, need patches or updates ?, requiring remidation, version the vhd and remidate (patch it) against a security baseline

re-applies that server app image, update and patch hundreds of thousands of applications with the single click of a button, apply patches to 2000 bing servers, new images, big application image...offline patching to a VM

always available, multiple segments of the datacenter, same thing as Microsoft are doing with Azure

The Gap

manage the gap with system center , think about the applications, the whole environment, the identity, the private and public clouds...

Moving data into the public cloud, exists in databases, encrypted, compliance ? services above the virtualization layer, scale out services, models to be driving, how services are managed across all of this...

some will connect into these public clouds, new tools, old tools to manage your data center, gap between private and public cloud, full out stack to think about, coordination between industry, cooperation with you

Windows Azure

Monitor your apps, seemlessly, Windows Azure, familiar application, familiar view, provided by operations manager, webstore app, help of management packs to discover all the components

Web front end hosted entirely on Windows Azure, lot of load being placed on this application, might be impacting the sla's, watching the apps with operations manager...

Windows Azure intrumentation, performance view in Operations Manager

native in windows azure, management pack for ops manager that connects to windows azure

what to do to remediate this ? add additional webroles in azure, make it easy to do in ops mgr, this task supplied by the management pack,

new instances of the app being added in windows azure, scaling applications seemlesly, easily with help of ops mgr, dynamic IT step by Step

the needs of IT from an overall perspective

Microsofts route, security and management, applications, platform,

think holisticly, identity, underlying platform for the middle tier services, the database, running sql server today is one of the more expensive parts, sql azure, thousands of servers spanning 6 data centers, how to move forward into the cloud of the future

Everything moves faster in the cloud

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.