Centaur63

Query for Disabled Computers

How do i Setup a collection to find all the Disabled computers? I am cleaning up my ADUC and there are alot of computers that I disbaled that have not been on the network for sometimes. I am unble to delete them from ADUC just yet. Because i need to be sure they are no in use anymore.

Is here a way for me to setup a collection in SCCM that querys all the disabled computers?

How do i Setup a collection to find all the Disabled computers? I am cleaning up my ADUC and there are alot of computers that I disbaled that have not been on the network for sometimes. I am unble to delete them from ADUC just yet. Because i need to be sure they are no in use anymore.

Is here a way for me to setup a collection in SCCM that querys all the disabled computers?

Take a look at this post http://social.techne...eb-8ec3fe9a69d7

Here are some of the values on User Account Control:

4096 is a plain computer account.

4098 is 4096 + 2, so this would be a disabled computer account.

4128 is 4096 + 32, so this would be a computer account that doesn't require a password.

532480 is 524288 + 8192, so this would be a domain controller account that's trusted for delegation.

More info http://support.microsoft.com/kb/305144

Thanks, UAC on the computer resource should have 4098 in it correct. The machines have 4096 along with some of the active machines on the network.

It dosnt seem to be picking up these computers.

Thanks, UAC on the computer resource should have 4098 in it correct. The machines have 4096 along with some of the active machines on the network.

It dosnt seem to be picking up these computers.

If you have taken look at http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/configmgrgeneral/thread/041a95cb-6c65-4d64-abeb-8ec3fe9a69d7 post,Sullivan posted a script

Take a look at this post http://social.techne...eb-8ec3fe9a69d7

Here are some of the values on User Account Control:

4096 is a plain computer account.

4098 is 4096 + 2, so this would be a disabled computer account.

4128 is 4096 + 32, so this would be a computer account that doesn't require a password.

532480 is 524288 + 8192, so this would be a domain controller account that's trusted for delegation.

More info http://support.microsoft.com/kb/305144

Thanks alot,

This is my query statement:

select SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceID,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceType,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Name,SMS_R_SYSTEM.SMSUniqueIdentifier,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Client from SMS_R_System where SMS_R_System.UserAccountControl = "4098"

I will give it 30-40 mins and see if it populates the computers.

Is it possible to put them into a group and have it populate the list that way so i can clean up sccm? Right now nothing is being populated?

Or Else,you can use site maintanance tasks to delete agent discovery data or other tasks.

OR Try moving all the diasbled computers to One OU in AD and create a collection with OU filter to list all the disabled computers and use delete special.

Or Else,you can use site maintanance tasks to delete agent discovery data or other tasks.

OR Try moving all the diasbled computers to One OU in AD and create a collection with OU filter to list all the disabled computers and use delete special.

I have the same problem, but when i populate the query using the tag "4098" nothing shows up. If i for test uses "4096" all clients pops up, even those that are disabled and moved into a specific OU.

Is there a chance you migh post a sample query to list all disabled computers in a specific OU?

Or even hint how to exactly do a query to NOT add disabled computers? It doesnt seem to help what i query for, it wont populate the right info, i get all clients, even those specificly disabled and moved to a specific OU.

Atm i have about 90 clients in my "disabled" OU, but they still show up in "All Systems".

I also changed in discovery method, to only scan specific OU's, Not choosing the disabled clients OU at all. And they still shows up in all system.

Cheers

/Zed