Judical

OSDPreserveDriveLetter

Hello,

I am trying to make Windows 7 install on the C: drive instead of the D: drive.

Supposedly this Variable makes it possible to change the drive after creating an image from the WIM file.

Add the Variable OSDisk to Format and Partition

post-9319-0-28669200-1363718263_thumb.png

Set Variable OSDPreserveDriveLetter before Apply Operating System

post-9319-0-96393000-1363718288_thumb.png

Set to Apply Operating System to Variable OSDisk

post-9319-0-80082300-1363718302_thumb.png

After all of this it still install on the D: drive.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

@Oneone

That by itself won't prevent the OS from being on the D drive since the Windows 7 WIM was originally created from the D drive.

Now that I think about it I might be having this issue because I'm using boot media.

When I press F8 to see what is going on I notice that my boot media is set as the c: drive.

With SP1 you can no longer use the setup.exe installer you would have in the past with Windows 7. This is outlined in the What's New page for SP1, where it mentions "The build and capture task sequence was updated to apply an operating system image instead of running Setup.exe for installation. You can still run Setup.exe for Windows 8 deployments by editing the task sequence in the task sequence editor."

You instead have to use the wim file found on the Windows 7 media.

There's a great post that goes over this in detail at http://scug.be/sccm/2013/01/13/configmgr-sp1-windows-7-deployment-is-not-supported-anymore-from-the-setup-exe/

Because of this you can no longer follow this capture windows 7.

http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/6353-using-system-center-2012-configuration-manager-part-7-build-and-capture-windows-7-x64-sp1/

@birz

I did look at your post but that doesn't apply because the captures were not created from the WIM file.

I do have MDT installed but I don't see a point in adding so much garbage to my task sequences.