pccarrick

SCCM 2012 SP1 MP Installation failure will not install

I have installed SCCM 2012 SP1 onto Windows Server 2012 with SQL running on a remote server. Both servers are running in an ESX enviroment. AD has been extended & all security permissions applied to both AD (System management Container) & SQL

I can install the site without any issues except for the mangement point it will not install. I can add a DP. FP, application catalog roles and they are all working fine.

No matter what i try i am unable to get the MP to install, the server has been rebuilt several times, install has been tried both with windows updates and without.

No Virus software and Firewall disabled. Different download's of SCCM ISO's have been tried but i still can not get it installed.

I have installed all the PreReq's that are required and there is no fail's therefore it will allow me to continue the install.

When i watch the log file (mpMSI.log) i can see it running through the setup for MP & if iook in the SMS_CCM Folder i see it add the files for the MP before doing a rollback due to the failure on installation.

The erro which i am getting is attached which relates to mp_ccmConfig_Defaults.mof was unable to compile.

I have checked for 2007 client installed which some people suggest but this does not exist as we don't install SCCM client onto servers. I have disabled UAC, removed bits and reinstalled but i am still unable to resolve.

Any help to resolve this will be very much welcome.

Thanks in advance

post-19969-0-89102500-1367589682_thumb.jpg

Had a similar problem and it was resolved by,

1. Make a copy of the folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\S-1-5-18

2. Delete the original folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\S-1-5-18