l.hv.yang

"Install Applications" failing in OSD Task Sequences

I've been trying figure this out for about a week now and thought I had found a solution late last week by adding "smsmp=xyz.domain" into the client installation properties. In our environment, we are having inconsistent results in getting applications to run/install during OSD. Sometimes, the Apps will install 100%, other times, OSD will hang at "Installing App xyz" for several minutes and then fail. No other apps install successfully after that.

One error that i am seeing is error code: 0x80004005

We're running ConfigMgr 2012 SP1.

Any tips or suggestions?

thanks, we have that option selected.

I have seen much more positive results after adding a 'reboot' task after the configmgr client installs.. after the system reboots, the applications seem to install better. Could there be an issue with the client not fully initializing before the "install applications" task begins? i will let you guys know how well this works. so far, it is promising!

post-18187-0-82296400-1381366861_thumb.jpg

It does reboot after the client installation. the additional reboot kicks off after 'initializing the client.' this seems to have made a huge difference on app installs. we are still doing further testing but 6 out of 6 machines imaged successfully is not bad, where before we would get about 50% success.

Would you guys know the resolution of an issue with SiteCode XYZ that is created by "Type: Stand-Alone Media" reporting back (in my case SITECODE=in the US) and not to the proper Region Sitecode?

Infrastructure: CAS w/6 Primaries

- I have read that the Stand Alone Media would need to be created in the Region primary to report to correct sitecode?

- In the Task Sequence I try to add in the "Installation Properties" The site code I want to use, but does not like "SMS" in the there and if take SMS and just have "SITECODE" the error goes away but it doesn't resolve the overall issue. (Pictured)

post-20082-0-42766900-1383356401_thumb.png

This is driving me crazy because Regions for example Canada or Europe is reporting back to the US management point.

Thanks,

Hey, it's my understanding that you can not specify 'SMSsiteCode' in the installation properties. It automatically detects that based on the site location you created the media. So if you have 1 CAS and 6 primaries: PS1, PS2, PS3, etc, and you wanted the site media to contain PS1 site code, you need to create the media from that specific site. Same goes for PS2, PS3, etc.

From the SCCM Console, you would essentially connect to PS1 Site Server, create your standalone media and you should be good to go.

Does this make sense?