All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. Hi I have a MDT deploy for both Windows 10 and Windows 7, without SCCM I have also a deployment database there is all info about like, computername and MAC address etc.. The problem is then I trying to start a deploy with PXE boot , wont the deployment database start to do a collect to the client, the deployment running without info from Database and then the deployment is finish. The error message is about access denied or database is not exist. It have works before and SQL database is running .. How will I do to troubleshooting that ? Sokoban
  3. Last week
  4. When booting from PXE, SCCM will use the version of the Windows PE boot image on your PXE enabled distribution point. If this is not updated on the DP, it will still be using the last version that you uploaded, along with any SCCM binaries that were present in there. You should where possible ensure that the latest version of the Windows 10 ADK (and therefore WinPE) is updated, and ensure that your boot images are updated with those ADK binaries (there is an option for this when you update the boot images). The latest WinPE images also have correct and updated network drivers, so should be quicker retrieving policy and dependencies from each of the DPs and management point. Also check how site assignments are set on your boundaries and boundary groups as well as the site servers including DPs are associated to those groups. It could be for example you're PXEing to a local DP, but the boundary group doesn't have the local DP as a server it can use, and may be going elsewhere. See also this article for increasing the speed of loading the WinPE image - the TFTP Window Size setting really works well and works in all versions from 1606 onwards: https://ccmexec.com/2016/09/tweaking-pxe-boot-times-in-configuration-manager-1606/
  5. Thanks, good to know. Is there a way to force a refresh on the console?
  6. I'm just following the instructions by modifying line 20 which is supposed to set the SA. I'm executing the install SQL 2017 powershell so there's no step before this where SQL would be installed and a SA created ahead of this powershell script. Also there are some references to copying things into c:\scripts\sccm1802 instead of 1902.
  7. This is to be expected, Reporting is always 100% correct, whereas the console uses cached results.
  8. When you look at the SCCM interface it will show some machines needing certain patches. When you go to IE and run a report it does not show the same data. Any ideas on what can be causing this or how to fix this? Thanks
  9. If you use vSphere on a daily basis, this a webinar you simply cannot miss! vSphere Automation Masterclass Automation is key to maximizing the potential of vSphere, especially if you’re managing multiple systems and want to achieve as much with your time as possible. Did you know that most tasks in vSphere can be performed using automation? Did you know that the cloud can be used to conduct configuration changes for an on-premises cluster? Automation is an essential aspect of the modern-day vSphere administrator, and even if you are currently automating vSphere tasks, you might be unaware of the full possibilities it can deliver. In this webinar, presenters Andy Syrewicze (VMware vExpert) and Luke Orellana (VMware vExpert) demonstrate powerful automation techniques that will enable “turbo-mode” for your datacenter. This webinar will feature several live demos covering: ● The basics of PowerCLI ● Deployment Automation ● Desired State Configuration for vSphere ● Cloud Integrations ● And more! vSphere Automation Masterclass will be held on June 20th and as always the webinar will be presented live twice - at 2pm CEST/8am EDT/5am PDT and at 7pm CEST/1pm EDT /10am PDT. The reason they go through it all twice is to try and cater for live audiences on both sides of the Atlantic. Both sessions have the same content so it’s just a way of enabling as many people as possible to attend live and have the opportunity to ask questions live! I’ll be attending the event and if you vSphere on a daily basis then this is a must-attend event for you too! Join me and save your seat today Webinar Title: vSphere Automation Masterclass presenters Andy Syrewicze (VMware vExpert) and Luke Orellana (VMware vExpert) Date: Thursday, June 20, 2019 Session 1: 2pm CEST / 8am EDT / 5am PDT Session 2: 7pm CEST / 1pm EDT / 10am PDT Save your seat now!
  10. ah ! Thank you so much !! i`ve now made changes to my .ps1 so that it will either have succes or failure….instead of having the TS run a task in relation to the returncode of the script adding this code at the end of my script….and it works ! So now when a user clicks "cancel", the script fails, therefore the TS fails also….and thats what i want. If the user clicks "OK", the scripts is succesful and the TS continues. LogWrite "Ending DisplayMessage script... with returncode $ReturnCode" if ($ReturnCode = OK) {exit 0} elseif ($ReturnCode = Cancel) {exit 1} else { logWrite("script did not exit with 0, 1 or cancel") }
  11. Dear Sir, Thanks you very much for your advising. now i passed this issue. Right next step what i have the issue. when i tried to setup the Boot Image for PXE boot, but it didn't work. can you advise on this? for the boot image from SCCM 2012. sccm can build and able make the PXE boot or not? or we need to use MDT for helping
  12. I'm running through this again on my desk with 32GB of ram. My laptop couldn't handle the heat! Garth OG! Good to see you! Not sure what I'm doing wrong.
  13. hmm maybe use bits out of my DisplayMessageInIntune.ps1 script shown below <# # niall brady 2018/1/26 # simple script to display a popup message in Microsoft Intune # Customize the message by editing the variables # $Option can be any of the following values "OK" "OKCancel" "AbortRetryIgnore" "YesNoCancel" "YesNo" "RetryCancel" $Type can be any of the following values "Asterisk" "Error" "Exclamation" "Hand" "Information" "None" "Question" "Stop" "Warning " $WhichButtonHasFocus indicates the default button (that initially has focus). This is required if the DefaultDesktopOnly parameter is used. DefaultDesktopOny forces the message box on top. #> param ( [string]$title = "www.windows-noob.com (c) 2018", [string]$Message = "This is a popup message in Microsoft Intune !", [string]$Option = "OK", [string]$Type = "Information", [string]$WhichButtonHasFocus = "Button1", [string]$OnTop="DefaultDesktopOnly", [string]$ReturnCode = 0 ) Function LogWrite { Param ([string]$logstring) $a = Get-Date $logstring = $a,$logstring Try { Add-content $Logfile -value $logstring -ErrorAction silentlycontinue } Catch { $logstring="Invalid data encountered" Add-content $Logfile -value $logstring } write-host $logstring } # script starts here $Logfile = "C:\Windows\temp\DisplayMessageInIntune.log" LogWrite "Starting DisplayMessageInIntune script..." [System.Reflection.Assembly]::LoadWithPartialName(“System.Windows.Forms”) [Windows.Forms.MessageBox]::Show(“$message”, “$title”, [Windows.Forms.MessageBoxButtons]::$Option, [Windows.Forms.MessageBoxIcon]::$Type,$WhichButtonHasFocus,$OnTop) #[Windows.Forms.MessageBox]::Show(“$message”, “$title”, [Windows.Forms.MessageBoxButtons]::$Option, [Windows.Forms.MessageBoxIcon]::$Type,$WhichButtonHasFocus) LogWrite "Ending DisplayMessageInIntune script... with returncode $ReturnCode" Exit $ReturnCode or going back to your edits, i notice you have a 'write host' to display the value do you ever see that ? i doubt it, therefore i'd add logging, you can use the LogWrite function I have in my Intune powershell script as it logs everything and then modify it to capture the results of the click (and value) ok ?
  14. Hello, I'm not a pro at this so please forgive me. I have an MSI installer that comes with a MST transform. Some clients are not operating correctly so they need to be reinstalled by SCCM. So far I have: -Created an application package to uninstall -Create an application package to install -In the install app package, Deployment Types, edit the MSI Installer and set the Uninstaller app as a Dependence. This may have worked 1 time but it did not reboot successfully and can't be run again because it knows it's already run. The install MSI checks for the application GUID and see's it's already installed. I read online that to re-install an application write a value to the registry and then check for that. Ok. I've been trying to edit the MSI but am failing. I've been using Orca and SuperOrca. Basically I load the MSI and MST, add a new line in Registry, It asks for a a "*Registry" key, I make one up that seems to match the formatting of the others, enter the Key, Name and Value, make the Component match the *Registry. But it does not work. The reg key is not created.. I included a screen shot of my handywork. I've googled around and can find no example of adding a new registry key. I can only find changing a value. Any help would be GREAT!
  15. Yes, that`s my issue. The Cancel = error step in the TS is checking to see if the return code is "1" in order to run. This would mean that the user clicked the "cancel" button in order to deffer the software install. If the return code is 1, the TS will run "cmd /c exit 1" which will cause the TS to fail. My problem is that even if the user clicks "OK" or "Cancel", the return code is always 0...….or maybe it`s the script that is not assigning the ReturnCode value. I`ve never done anything like this so i`m just trying to piece things together to make it work but no luck so far.
  16. Earlier
  17. I'm pretty sure I just clicked through with the defaults.
  18. <![LOG[Expand a string: equals]LOG]!><time="14:23:44.440+180" date="06-07-2019" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="9592" file="utility.cpp:790"> <![LOG[Expand a string: ReturnCode]LOG]!><time="14:23:44.440+180" date="06-07-2019" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="9592" file="utility.cpp:790"> <![LOG[Expand a string: 1]LOG]!><time="14:23:44.440+180" date="06-07-2019" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="9592" file="utility.cpp:790"> <![LOG[The action (Cancel = erreur) has been skipped because the condition is evaluated to be false]LOG]!><time="14:23:44.440+180" date="06-07-2019" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="9592" file="instruction.cxx:696"> <![LOG[Not in SSL]LOG]!><time="14:23:44.483+180" date="06-07-2019" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="9592" file="libsmsmessaging.cpp:10091"> <![LOG[Clear local default environment]LOG]!><time="14:23:44.509+180" date="06-07-2019" component="TSManager" context="" type="0" thread="9592" file="executionenv.cxx:809"> <![LOG[Execution of the instruction (Cancel = erreur) has been skipped]LOG] you are only checking for ReturnCode=1 not zero from what I can see..
  19. When you created the SSRS SQL Server instance, did you create it with that name or did you create it with "SSRS", from the screenshot above it look like the later.
  20. Ok, I'll bring it back to the start... I am following this guide to set up reporting, when it comes to Specify Reporting Services settings I don't get anything in the drop where it says "Reporting Services server instance" https://www.windows-noob.com/forums/topic/4550-using-sccm-2012-rc-in-a-lab-part-11-adding-the-reporting-services-point-role/
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?