Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'no task sequences available'.
Hi everyone. I'm hoping someone out there can assist. Sorry for the length post but my aim is to provide as much information as possible to eliminate any of the common gotchas. ConfigMgr is 1702 with latest Hotfix I've spent the better part of two weeks trying to figure out why OSD has all of a suddenly stopped working. It seems to have happened around the same we upgraded our last DC from server 2012 to 2016 (swing migration) and raised the domain fictional level from 2012 to 2016. From the many hours spent doing google kung fu, ConfigMrg should not have any issues working in 2016 etc. DNS, DHCP AD are all reporting healthy with the usual couple of things that we can ignore from the BPA (Best Practices Analyzer). How we do OSD: We exclusively image Unknown Computers and have done so for many years (Since 2012 R2). We do not image our machines using deployments to any other collection. We delete the computer from the SCCM DB when we need to re-image. This works well for us in our environment. :-) All Task Sequences are deployed to the Unknown Computer collection. We are using ADK 1703 (the most recent one with all bug fixes) and boot boot x86 and x64 boot images are distributed and enabled but we only use the x64 boot image. The issue: Machines can successfully PXE Boot into WinPE, all machines no matter make, model, physical or virtual) all get an IP address and we can ping the ConfigMrg server without any issues. Once a computer gets into WinPE the screen goes blank and the computer reboots straight away. Actions taken so far: Common gotchas I have checked: Checked the date and time are correct on the client Made sure to delete any unknown computers or any references to the machines I have been using for testing or imaging in general Thinking that it might possibly be a Boot Image/PXE related issue I followed a couple of very detailed guides online and removed the PXE role from the Distributions Points by: Unticking it from each DP, deleting the files in the Windows Temp folder, deleting the RemoteInstall folder, removing the Boot images from DP's, the usual reboots, checking logs, re-enabling the PXE roll on DP's rebuilding the Boot images, deploying the boot images, enabling the both x86 and x64 boot images, making sure that my Task Sequences were referencing the newly created boot images. I then booted a machine up (in this case a test VM) and pressed F8, I ran cmtrace and opened up X:Windows\Temp\SMSTSLog\smsts.log. Then I found this error message: There are no task sequences available to this computer.. Please ensure you have at least one task sequence advertised to this computer. Unspecified error (Error: 80004005; Source: Windows) TSPxe 12/07/2017 12:28:40 PM 1284 (0x0504) So I thought perhaps my Task Sequence deployments themselves might have some issue on the DP's. I tried redeploying the task sequences and creating a brad new Task Sequence to test and I still got the same error. I checked the boundary groups and Active Directory Sites and Services and everything looks fine. I tried initiating a discovery of everything possible. Here is an example screen capture video of the issue we are experiencing: Looking forward to any comments below!