Torpedo

Unknown status for MP Control Manager and Management Point

Question

Hi,

I just reached installing SCCM 2007 SP1 on my env. So far the installation is completed. But I scrolled it down to see every item installation status and I see two of the items as UNKNOWN. And those items are:

1. Install MP Control Manager

2. Install Management Point

I clicked Next and I did not see any error on final completion step. I could able to launch Configuration Manager Console successfully. I am not sure whether it will be an issue for next steps of SCCM configuration. I don't know where to find the logs. Could some one confirm whether it will be an issue. Should I proceed to the next step.

My Env: Testing

Windows 2008 SP2, AD, DHCP, IIS

SQL Server 2008

SCCM 2007 SP1

Thanks

startup ConfigMgr, and go to system status,if you right click on the log you can actually read the messages to see what the errors are

have you tried that ?

you can copy/paste the errors here

Hi Anyweb,

Ok. Thanks. I can see only CRITICAL Error for MP Control Manager and the log is here.

Severity Type Site code Date / Time System Component Message ID Description Thread ID Process ID

Error Milestone RAM 6/17/2009 3:19:56 PM XVMOC-2100-01 SMS_MP_CONTROL_MANAGER 1016 SMS Site Component Manager failed to install this component on this site system. Solution: Review the previous status messages to determine the exact reason for the failure. SMS Site Component Manager will automatically retry the installation in 60 minutes. To force SMS Site Component Manager to immediately retry the installation, stop and restart SMS Site Component Manager using the SMS Service Manager. 3180 6512

Error Detail RAM 6/17/2009 3:19:56 PM XVMOC-2100-01 SMS_MP_CONTROL_MANAGER 4970 SMS Site Component Manager faild to install component SMS_MP_CONTROL_MANAGER on server XVMOC-2100-01. The WebDAV server extension is either not installed or not configured properly. Solution: Make sure WebDAV is installed and enabled. Make sure there is an authoring rule that allow "All users" read access to "All content". Make sure the WebDAV settings "Allow anonymous property queries" and "Allow property queries with infinite depth" are set to "true" and "Allow Custom Properties" is set to false. 3180 6512

Error Milestone RAM 6/17/2009 2:19:48 PM XVMOC-2100-01 SMS_MP_CONTROL_MANAGER 1016 SMS Site Component Manager failed to install this component on this site system. Solution: Review the previous status messages to determine the exact reason for the failure. SMS Site Component Manager will automatically retry the installation in 60 minutes. To force SMS Site Component Manager to immediately retry the installation, stop and restart SMS Site Component Manager using the SMS Service Manager. 8028 6512

Error Detail RAM 6/17/2009 2:19:48 PM XVMOC-2100-01 SMS_MP_CONTROL_MANAGER 4970 SMS Site Component Manager faild to install component SMS_MP_CONTROL_MANAGER on server XVMOC-2100-01. The WebDAV server extension is either not installed or not configured properly. Solution: Make sure WebDAV is installed and enabled. Make sure there is an authoring rule that allow "All users" read access to "All content". Make sure the WebDAV settings "Allow anonymous property queries" and "Allow property queries with infinite depth" are set to "true" and "Allow Custom Properties" is set to false. 8028 6512

Thanks

Make sure WebDAV is installed and enabled. Make sure there is an authoring rule that allow "All users" read access to "All content". Make sure the WebDAV settings "Allow anonymous property queries" and "Allow property queries with infinite depth" are set to "true" and "Allow Custom Properties" is set to false

thats your problem

and it's covered in part 2 of the SCCM setup guide, so you can ignore it for now as long as you follow the entire guide

cheers

anyweb

Thank you very much. I will move to next step. And the next step is as follow and I would like to know my env. is required to run step 1 and step 2 from this page ? because I have installed every thing on one machine.

---------------------

Step 1. Add SCCM server computer account to SMS groups

Please read the note below and consider if you should skip to Step 2.

Note: SMS_SiteSystemToSiteServerConnection_sitecode and SMS_SiteToSiteConnection_sitecode are local groups created on the site server.

If you are deploying a simple setting with all roles on the same server these two groups will be empty and adding the "local" computer account means nothing.

---------------------

http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=489

Thanks

Hi,

I ran Configuration Guide 1 for SCCM anyway and the moved to Guide 2. And I am stopped at this point. Basically I did not understand what needs to be done after this line.

"A quick look back in System Status for our Management Point, now we can see that it has installed and started properly" on the page: http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=490. Please let me know what needs to be run after that line.

Please note that Component Status is currently showing green for all the components.

Thanks

look in that section of the logs and see do you see a statement which reads something along the lines of 'installed component successfully'

if so, then continue with the guide...

Hi Anyweb,

Thanks. I moved to next guide and currently doing this step.

http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=491

Step 3. Configure Discovery methods

I tried to select this check box , but when I clicked on OK or APPLY , the check is gone.

"you should also check the Run discovery as soon as possible is ticked for all of the above".

I don't know how to correct this. Please let me know if this is an important to correct it right now.

Thanks

Hi,

At the end of this guide, step to verify the icons in Control Panel. I did not see any of the new icons that you pointed. I rebooted the server as well, but no change. I hope I did everything correctly and I did not see any errors so far expect the one above and they were installed later during "Distribution Point (DP) and the Management Point (MP)." steps. Could you let me know what would be the issue.

http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=491

Thanks