Torpedo

Unknown status for MP Control Manager and Management Point

Question

Hi,

I just reached installing SCCM 2007 SP1 on my env. So far the installation is completed. But I scrolled it down to see every item installation status and I see two of the items as UNKNOWN. And those items are:

1. Install MP Control Manager

2. Install Management Point

I clicked Next and I did not see any error on final completion step. I could able to launch Configuration Manager Console successfully. I am not sure whether it will be an issue for next steps of SCCM configuration. I don't know where to find the logs. Could some one confirm whether it will be an issue. Should I proceed to the next step.

My Env: Testing

Windows 2008 SP2, AD, DHCP, IIS

SQL Server 2008

SCCM 2007 SP1

Thanks

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. I completed so far the steps as stated in my previous reply, I mean the step before the control panel screen. I don't have clients in my network. I will install couple of clients like Windows Vista, WindowsXP and try the Firefox Package install example. I think that should tell me or test my SCCM configuration right ?

Thanks again

Hi Anyweb,

I just heard that I can even install a client on the same machine of the server, just to run a report. Do you think I can do this? I really don't know how to run this. If you don't mind, could you suggest me some steps. My clients will be ready may be by tomorrow.

Thanks

you'll need a client to test delivering packages such as firefox

the firefox test in my guide will prove to you that it all works

so good luck

if deploying firefox fails then you have done something wrong from the beginning.

was this a brand new install or a re-done install ?

are the active directory boundaries correct ???

Actually I don't know whether the deployment on client fails or passed. I just followed the steps in the above URL and completed them on SCCM server fine. And I did not find any step that says my SCCM server is connecting to client. So I am not able to verify whether the deployment on the client is successful or not. Could you tell me how to know the deployment status. I'm basically stopped at this step.

"To speed up distribution of the Advertisements you may want to initiate the User Policy Retrieval & Evaluation Cycle and the Machine Policy Retrieval & Evaluation Cycle which are in the Actions tab of the Configuration Manager properties in control panel (on your client computers....)"

Does it mean that I should see Configuration Manager in control panel of the client's computer.

thanks,

Torpedo

what is between your sccm server and the client you are testing with ?

on the client, have you tried doing an nslookup test ?