eddrogers84

HELP! Please!! Troubles with PXE OSD Task Sequences SCCM2012 R2

Hi All

I am pleeding for a little guidance. I am in the process of putting together a new image for the educational establishment that I work for.

Our setup is a single site server running Win 20012 R2 with SQL 2012 and SCCM 2012 R2. The server is running on V-Sphere 5.1

Everything has been working fine until I hit the deployment of windows 7 > joining domain > installing apps/packages

I have had this working on an older version of Windows/SCCM 2012 however, that server was setup incorrectly and was causing more harm than good. Thus leading me to create a new server with the above config.

The OS seems to be installing perfectly as well as the joining of the domain. I have deleted all apps and OS images/installers and recreated them many times. I have also distributed and re-distributed everything. The Network Access account verifies perfectly

Please see the attached smsts.log from a machine and the basic task sequence. I am aware there are errors, I am looking for a solution to these errors.

Should I look at using a MDT TS instead of the standard SCCM TS? 90% of the time I get the error Code 0x80004005 (It usually errors on the install of Office 2013)

Any advice would be highly appreciated. PLEASE :)

Many Thanks

Edd

post-23921-0-56041700-1392825360_thumb.jpg

smsts.log

smsts-20140219-162335.log

It seems to be an issue with retrieving the MP, something I see a lot lately... Usually the solution, well actually workaround, is in increasing the time-out in a task sequence after it fails to retrieve the MP. Specifically for this, you can use the variable SMSTSMPListRequestTimeout.

I was getting the exact same problem with error code 0x80004005, i have the book "Deployment Fundamentals - Volume 4" which mentions the error and it also says MDT has no clue, that's it, no solution. I eventually opted to deploy the office 2013 installation after the OS deployment which works fine, same deployment package. I would be interested if anyone has a work around for this too.