gsankowsky

Using Hyper-V Gen2 VM to Build and Capture - UEFI Boot File Problem

Hi,

I've just gone to 2012 R2, and wanted to try UEFI Gen 2 VM's for build and capture task sequences.

I've run into a strange issue, where every time I reimage the VM, another "File - bootmgfw.efi" entry gets added to the Firmware boot order list in the VM machine settings.

Is there a way to prevent this or delete these entries? I also want it to boot from PXE, but it seems like this "File" entry gets added in to be the first boot order device after a B&C has been run.

Any ideas?

post-16597-0-31691200-1392870380_thumb.jpg

Yes,

Using a Gen 2 Hyper-V VM and booting UEFI network. (At least I'm pretty sure, it looks a lot different to the regular PXE where you need to press F12)

I use this VM to reimage a lot, and every time I do so it just adds another of those "File" entries...and slotting it in as #1 Boot device.

i would imagine that you can delete the network adaptor, close the vm settings, add a new network adaptor, and the entries should be gone, have you tried that ?

I usually just log in to the imaged machine and use BCDEDIT /enum all to list the entries. I then use BCDEDIT /delete to remove the entries. Be careful though, you can remove the network adapter in the process.

be careful all right as you can make the system not bootable