commissar117

OSD Deployment error

I am trying to deploy win7 enterprise x32 and x64 bit they both give the same error "windows could not configure one or more system components. to install windows restart.." after applying device settings and the 1st restart.

This only happens after i Injected the HP EliteBook 840 G1 drivers. I tried everything and just dont work. If I catogrize the drivers and use the auto Apply drivers it wont take the USB, Network and the Intel Managment. All it takes is the Audio and the Video.

Any Ideas that might help will be great.

Where's your source location for these drivers? SCCM gets very funny about referencing drivers via a UNC path.

Best practice is to have the drivers required held on the SCCM server and reference them via a drive path E.G "D:\drivers\....."

Have you enabled the F8 function of your TS, with this enabled you can open a cmd prompt from inside the TS.

Normally in SCCM when the TS fails you get 15minutes grace when it counts down to restart? During this time press F8 and navigate to "C:\program files\ccm\logs" and take off the log files, this will show you what is causing the problem.

Hope that helps

Cheers

No I didnt try the KMDF 1.11, and I have the drivers on the SCCM Server with F8 enabeled.

I managed to solve the issue with excluding the drivers that were the reason of failure. These drivers were the Intel Management and the HP Data Protection. I added the drivers as application. I know this is a work around and isnt a solution but it does the job.

I think the best way to go is to install the KMDF 1.11.

I will give it a try when I have time and update...

Thanks for your replies!!!