rroberts

Creating an application to be installed multiple times

I am trying to create an application that can be run whenever my users need it. This application clears the cache of one of our installed applications. Software Center reports the application as failed due to it not detecting the application as installed. I have been unable to find a way to prevent Software Center from displaying "Failed" as the status without preventing my users from being able to installing the application again. Has anyone found a way around this?

You can't via the application model, because an application always has to check for existence... This sounds like a valid action for an old-school package and program.

Thank you, this did the trick. However, is there a way for me to customize how the application appears in my Software Catalog? It comes up as "clear.java.cache 1.0 - clear.java.cache". With an Application I could easily customize this but I'm not seeing any settings under Packages. Once again, thank you very much!

Thank you, this did the trick. However, is there a way for me to customize how the application appears in my Software Catalog? It comes up as "clear.java.cache 1.0 - clear.java.cache". With an Application I could easily customize this but I'm not seeing any settings under Packages. Once again, thank you very much!

Just change the package and Program name to what you require.