mohanad

Planning for seconder site or stand alone site?

Hello,

I like to have some advice for this issue i have site here local its SCCM2012 SP1 we like to install another one on another country so i am not sure should i make a secondary site or build a stand alone site ? the control for both should be in Here local but the Server will install on another site what is the practice on that

Thanks in advance

Is your current site a Primary Standalone Site? If so you cannot install a new primary site on a different location.

If your need is just to transfer packages/apps/images and make the clients in the remote site use a local distribution point, then I would just install a remote distribution point in that location. The remote clients would then report to your local primary site but all downloads of software would be made from their local DP (the remote DP). This solution is the easiest and least time consuming for you.