LaurentDew

download software update wizard error

Hello all,

I trying to update Java with SCUP

Now, the update is visible in software update on the sccm server and i'm trying to create the package.

In the download location setting, i type the UNC path on the network share used by the sccm server

I tried with other location with the same error.

Thanks in advance for any help

Regards

Laurent

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error: Failed to download content id 16814513. Error: The system cannot find the path specified.
Package:
Success: The software updates were placed in the existing package:
Oracle_Java_7.51_Update
Software updates that will be downloaded from the following directory: \\netappnd01\cm12$\2.SoftwareLibrary\SCUP\Oracle\Java\JRE751
Error: Java Client 7 Update 51
Errors
Failed to download content id 16814513. Error: The system cannot find the path specified.
Language Selection:
English
French

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

post-23288-0-28802700-1393509811_thumb.png

Hi LaurentDew, just letting you know I have the same error when I try to download updates manually and import them using SCCM.

I'm having a separate error whereby some of the content of the updates in SCCM aren't downloading for some reason.

We think its a proxy-related issue in our case, which is why I tried downloading the missing updates manually.

I hope others see your post and assist, as this is causing issues for us.

Hi,

We just had a similar issue. Originally we tried to download the update using the "Download Software Updates Wizard" and it kept failing. We then downloaded msu from the microsoft site and pointed the wizard to the local path, that resulted in "The system cannot find the path specified." message. Finally we've extracted cab files from the msu and pointed the wizard to the same location - that did the trick.

Hopefully it works for you as well.

I had the same issue. Found that I was able to import .exe files but not .msu. After I extracted the msu files I was able to import ok.

I extracted using the following:

expand –f:* <update-name.msu> <destination>

Edited by jb333