kka65

How to you distribute a Task Sequence to a specific distribution point not listed by the wizard

Hi, All

I am new to Administering SCCM 2012. I have followed the instructions on this forum carefully and it have helped me.

I created a TS and for some reason I delete it. But when I created the New Task Sequence it will not allowed me to re-distribute the content to the old DP where the previous one was.

I went to the Technet site and it says that.

clear.gifImportant If the task sequence that you selected references content that is already distributed to a specific distribution point, that distribution point is not listed by the wizard.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh273490.aspx

This is because when I resend or deploy the job to the laptop I keep getting this error " The Task Sequence cannot be run because the program files associated with "CHM00008"cannot be found on the distribution Point". But I know is on the DP. I have updated it and redistribute it. I can browse to it.

And help to show me how to re-distribute the TS to the DP will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

KKA

SMSPXE.log

Hi,

As you say you cannot use that feautre to distribute the content when it is already distributed. I would select the Task Sequence in the console and then in the "References" tab in the bottom of the screen, you can see which packages are needed by the TS and then you can distribute them to the dp by selecting the package and distirbute it.

Regards,
Jörgen