Hutch

OSD Woes

are you installing Visual C++ 2010 Redistributables KB2565063 x64 directly after the Setup Windows and ConfigMgr step ?

No I'm not.

Since I deleted and recreated everything the new deployments are behaving differently. Now when I run the Application Deployment & Evaluation Cycle, from the console or the client, I am told that it was successfully triggered but it looks like it never starts because no log file is generated.

I also no longer lose the cycles under the action tab like I used to either.

I don't see any problems in the log files except for right around the time the computer would be finishing the OSD or during reboots which I feel I can ignore.

I created a new app and the new computer found and installed it. It's only the apps that have been around for a while that the new computers can't find. They don't find the hotfixes I mentioned in my initial post anymore either. Older computers find all of the apps but freshly deployed computers don't. If I delete and recreate the deployment, the new computers will find and install the app. All apps are listed as Active in the console. Any ideas what could be causing this?

If I delete the computer from the console and reboot it will reappear in the console in the All Systems collection but unfortunately it does not appear in the other collections. If I manually include it into the other collections all the apps appear in Software Center and install.

I have found issues where Windows is not activated. It will install the client, but then after a short period stop responding to sccm until it's activated. No SCEP, no updates...etc. can you use a kms on your network to activate instead? Maybe just activate it once and see how it goes. If it all works, then I would say that's your issue.

i'd say start looking at your logs to see if it's processing policy at all or is it complaining, is the client agent definitely the R2 version of the client (5.00.7958.1000)