mis@ypit.com

Syntax for Command to Deploy Java 7.51 and suppress EULA

Question

I am trying to figure out the proper syntax for the command to deploy Java 7.51 with SCCM 2012 R2.

Which is correct:

msiexec /i "jre1.7.0_51.msi" transforms="ypit.mst" AgreeToLicense="Yes" /qn

msiexec /i "jre1.7.0_51.msi" transforms="ypit.msi" "AgreeToLicense=Yes" /qn

I have used Orca to create a transform file that includes EULA=1 but that does not seem to prevent the first time run popup for the EULA. I have been struggling with AgreeToLicense but I just can seem to get that to work either.

4 answers to this question

I have all of those same parameters included in the transform file.

A slight problem I have found is that different websites report conflicting descriptions on what EULA=? does. For example one site will say that EULA=0/1 means to not/accept the EULA and another site will say that EULA=0/1 displays/suppresses the dialog box for the EULA agreement.

The default for EULA in the .msi file is EULA=0 so I originally tried using EULA=1...assuming this meant to accept the EULA. This did not prevent the first time use EULA notification. I then tried EULA=0 and had the same notification dialog on first run.

I found references to AgreeToLicense but I am afraid that was a parameter for previous version of Java that has been discontinued. My theory is that each of these sites are reporting the truth for a particular version of Java and that Sun is actually flip-flopping around from version to version.

Just to be clear....when you deploy Java 7.51 are you able to successfully suppress the first time EULA notification?

Yes, we get no EULA, and the only parmeters we are using are JU=0 JAVAUPDATE=0 AUTOUPDATESCHECK=0 /norestart /q.

Also forget about the mst file. It's not worth the effort of creating a new one every month.