Jin597

OSD not completing after Setup Windows and ConfigMgr TS

Hi Everyone,

I've been stuck for the past few days. After upgrading SCCM 2012 to R2, I have been having issues with OSD.

I recreated my Task Sequence after the update and recreated all dependencies (MDT Toolkit, USMT, CM Client, boot images, etc).

The Task Sequence itself still follows the same flow as I had before (which was working).

Now, after completing the "Setup Windows and ConfigMgr" TS, the computer reboots to OS (as it should by default), and then Windows stops during boot with the message:

"Windows could not configure one or more system components. To install Windows, restart the computer and then restart the installation."

As this is not in WinPE environment, I cannot F8 to see what happened here.

Googling this error, I saw many people point to KMDF 1.11 not being in the base image. I checked my image and do have this in place, so this is not the culprit. I do not believe it to be driver related either, as I am using the same driver packs as I did previously which worked.

I do not see any errors in SMSTS.log either.

Anyone run into this problem or can provide some advice of what might be going on?