mike

SCCM Reporting Webpage

Question

Hello All,

I setup SCCM according to the tutorials here. I am unable to connect to the SMSReporting site (http://server_name/SMSReporting_DBName/) from the admin console server. I get the following error when trying to open the site:

An error occurred when the report was run. The details are as follows:

Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'.

Error Number: -2147217843

Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server

Native Error: 18456

On the Reporting server, i am able to get to this page, but nothing loads in on the report side (no error or no report options). I am thinking it is becuase i dont have any type of java installed on the server.

Has anyone seen this error and found a solution?

Info:

Windows Server 2K8

SCCM SP 1

SQL2008

same account used to access

No errors on site status

Thanks,

mike

4 answers to this question

you dont need Java installed for the reporting, just make sure ASP is installed see part 6 of this guide

also verify that your user is a member of the Active Directory Security Group SMS Reporting Users, by default the SMS Reporting Users does not contain any users or groups. If you add additional users/groups to the "SMS Reporting Users" group besides the administrator account, you installed with, you'll need to do a few other things.

1) Give the SMS Reporting Users security group Read permissions to the Object Class Report or

2) Give any additional groups you added to SMS Reporting Users Read permissions to the Object Class Report

hth

cheers

Well i didnt make any changes (i did verify that my permissions were set as described from above), i believe all my permissions are setup correctly and ASP is installed. on the reporting server i did notice that content was being blocked by IE so the page wasnt loading correctly. I have add the site (http://computer name/smsReporting_name) to the trusted site in IE on the reporting server. Once i did this the error message changed to :

An error occurred when the report was run. The details are as follows:

[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

Error Number: -2147467259

Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server

Native Error: 17

Now i am completely lost. This error comes up on the admin console server as well.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

mike

so i noticed in my sql logs (c:program files\mssql server\mssql10.sccm name\mssql\log) that i was receiving this error as well:

2009-06-25 08:52:42.16 Logon Error: 18456, Severity: 14, State: 38.

2009-06-25 08:52:42.16 Logon Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM'. Reason: Failed to open the explicitly specified database. [CLIENT: IP Address ]

2009-06-25 08:52:42.18 spid14s Service Broker manager has started.

2009-06-25 08:52:42.44 Logon Error: 18456, Severity: 14, State: 38.

2009-06-25 08:52:42.44 Logon Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE'. Reason: Failed to open the explicitly specified database. [CLIENT: IP Address ]

2009-06-25 08:52:42.50 Logon Error: 18456, Severity: 14, State: 38.

2009-06-25 08:52:42.50 Logon Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE'. Reason: Failed to open the explicitly specified database. [CLIENT: IP Address ]

2009-06-25 08:52:42.54 Logon Error: 18456, Severity: 14, State: 38.

2009-06-25 08:52:42.54 Logon Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE'. Reason: Failed to open the explicitly specified database. [CLIENT: IP Address ]

2009-06-25 08:52:42.86 Logon Error: 18456, Severity: 14, State: 38.

2009-06-25 08:52:42.86 Logon Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE'. Reason: Failed to open the explicitly specified database. [CLIENT: IP Address ]

I found a solution at this website here.

Hope this helps someone else as well. Thanks anyweb for your time. I really apprecitate your site! Keep up the good work!

mike