deconinckg

Fails to PXE-boot

Question

Hi all,

I am getting following error in SMSTS.log when pxe-booting. I get to the windows PE background where windows is starting up.

Then following message appaers:

Failed to download pxe variable file. Code(0x00000001)

PxeGetPxeData failed with 0x80004005

i checked with ipconfig if i'm getting an IP and that seems to be ok. Its in the DHCP range i've put it in, but it seems to fail.

This error came after I reinstalled a boot image, because of the tasks equence errors on packages. Where it seems to have gone wrong. But now this error is new to me.

Can anybody explain me how to fix this?

Thx in advance

8 answers to this question

Never mind my prvious post. Restart of server seems to have solved thisone, but i'm still getting my previous error on a different package number

Failed to connect to "\\SERVERNAME.DOMAIN.LOCAL\SMSPKGC$\WIN00006" (1909)

Content location request for WIN00006:1 failed. (Code 0x80040103)

Failed to resolve selected task sequence dependencies. Code(0x80040103)

I recreate the package it gives error on but it goes to the nextone evry time. Already checked if Network Access Account is set and thats ok. The account in network Access is not locked in any way and i have given this user full control on all folders it needs to go.

This is a SCCM SP1, on a windows server 2008. This used to work on Windows Server 2008 R2 without many problems.

verify the package exists and if it does distribute it to the dp again

if that fails, delete the package from the dp, then delete the package, then recreate it, then redistribute it to a DP or DP(s)

verify the package exists and if it does distribute it to the dp again

if that fails, delete the package from the dp, then delete the package, then recreate it, then redistribute it to a DP or DP(s)

Sorry for my late reply, but i found the problem thanks to your input. It seemed to have been struggling on a package that i already deleted and remade. But it still had the same package number although i couldn't find it anywhere. After some major rechanges of all packages with distribution points it seemed to have worked.

great that it works now

the task sequence will refer to the old package until you update the task sequence itself

fyi

cheers

anyweb

great that it works now

the task sequence will refer to the old package until you update the task sequence itself

fyi

cheers

anyweb

OK, to reopen my issue here. I have already done a succesfull deployment from a captured image i made with the task capture media. Now for some strange reasons everything seems to run fine except for one step where the package refers to my captured image. I already tried adding a different image and it fails on the same point. I deleted the DP's and readded and updated them without any luck.

I have in attachment my SMSTS.log file. Can you please help me where it might get wrong? I also tried accessing the networkshare and i have all rights.

smstslast.txt

<![LOG[Found 0 DPs in subnet, 0 DPs in local site, 0 DPs in remote location and 0 Multicast DPs]LOG]!><time="16:36:07.926

that means it cant find any distribtuion points,

so do you have any ? or do you have some weird DNS issues or what

<![LOG[Found 0 DPs in subnet, 0 DPs in local site, 0 DPs in remote location and 0 Multicast DPs]LOG]!><time="16:36:07.926

that means it cant find any distribtuion points,

so do you have any ? or do you have some weird DNS issues or what

NSLOOKUP on that server is ok, the thing is if i checked my log file, there is only the DP problem on that WIN0000E package. All other DP's are found. If I check my packages then it really is there and i checked if the DP was there and i updated it to. For some reason it doesn't even matter which image i import as a new package in Operating system. It will always say it doesn't find any DP there. This did work before.

NSLOOKUP on that server is ok, the thing is if i checked my log file, there is only the DP problem on that WIN0000E package. All other DP's are found. If I check my packages then it really is there and i checked if the DP was there and i updated it to. For some reason it doesn't even matter which image i import as a new package in Operating system. It will always say it doesn't find any DP there. This did work before.

I found out my wim image was in install pending mode. I checked if i have enough space and there was the problem. I removed some stuff i didn't need to make free space. And all was ok.

I did restart the whole process of adding the image, but i first thought i was still with the problem, but it took a while before the status finally weant to installed.

I hope this can help others in the future if they have this same issue.