jgtran

task sequence dependencies not available on child primary site

Hello all,

Hope you all are doing well. I have an issue i need some assistance with.

I have created 2 primary site. ABC is the Central and XYZ is the primary child site. I created a task sequence and some software packages and replicate all the package over to the XYZ site. The problem i'm having is when i try to run the task sequence on any computer in the XYZ site, it keep come back with the error " package not available on distribtion point" for the bootcd package. I manually create the bootcd package on the XYZ distribution point and point the task sequence to the new bootcd package, it' still come back with an error, this time on the next package on the task sequence list. I check and made sure all package are replicate correctly and made sure the folders/file are present on the XYZ site.I suspect this could be an issue with the boundaries setup but i'm not certain. Could anyone help and advise me on this issue?

Your help is much appreciated.

JT

Yes - get boundaries set up and that should eliminate that aspect.

Manually creating packages on a seperate site is also a big no no, SCCM relies heavily on self generated certificates that it creates when distributing from primary site (I forget the file name) but it does logical checking on a DP each day to confirm its in place and correct.

Also in the advertisement, tick the option to allow the package to failover to another DP if the package cannot be found on the local DP......

Depending on your bandwidth between sites that should help to resolve the issue quickly :)

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

Here's how i setup the boundaries. Please let me know if it is correct.

Central site:

ABC Active Directory site

ABC 10.1.x.x

XYZ Active Directory site

XYZ 10.44.x.x

Primary child site:

XYZ Active Directory site

XYZ 10.44.x.x

Thanks,

JT

Yes the boundaries look correct from what you have done.

Have you distributed the packages out?

Looking through your SMS log you have not set a Network Access Account, which is used to download the packages. Forgive me for not knowing how to set that off the top of my head, but you should be able to find that easily amongst the settings under your main site. If not Google should be able to help :)