captonron

Determine SCOM agent management groups

Question

Hey guys,

Quick question in regards to agent management groups. We had to setup up a side-by-side install for a bit to migrate our SCOM 07 environment over to 2012. We did this because we did not want to migrate any of the current data.

The issue I am having now is that I need to remove the 07 management group from the agents that have been moved over to SCOM 12. I have a .vbs script that will do this and have already run it. Now I need to run back through my list of servers and check that they are only listing one management group, the 2012 one.

Is there a scriptable way of doing this? I haven't found much in regards to it, and didn't have much luck in the SCOM management shell.

Any help is much appreciated!

1 answer to this question

I'm not really experienced in writing scripts, but maybe use the "Get-SCOMAgent" command.

Then create a loop to loop through the list of servers and include something like output the Agent's management group.

Maybe something like this:

Get-SCOMAgent [-ManagementServer] <ManagementServer> [-ComputerName <String[]>

Run that on each Management Server (2007 and 2012), and then cross-compare the list.