learningmode

Secondary not remove from console

Hi all,

I have a little annoying issue. I have created Secondary server but then the server went down. I decided to remove from the console, it appears it has been removed as an secondary in the "Site Hierarchy", but it still shows in the "Sites" as and "Server and site System Role" in the Site Configuration. In the "Sites" it shows that the STATE is still in Deleting. It has been sitting at this state for about 4 days now and won't refresh out of there.

post-20082-0-44579200-1395079848_thumb.png

Does anyone have an idea how to resolve this, or you think I would be able to just redo the secondary and possibly the console would accept the same name?

post-20082-0-44579200-1395079848_thumb.png

Hi Guys,

I am having separate issue with deleting secondary. On my first attempt creating Secondary Site Server from the console to a server that is in another region, it passed the prerequisite, but eventually "failed to install". Stupid me, I didn't really pay attention what failed, I just went ahead and did a delete to start over the install from console. When I initiated the Secondary installation for the second time.. it failed to install again, this time I looked at the "show install status" what caused the failure. It showed "Site server or site system role is already installed ......." and "SQL was installed....."

So, I went into the server to look and it does show from the first attempt it had successfully installed on the server although the console showed "failed to install". I did an delete again from console and gave it some time to replicate. It was cleared from console, but it does not appear it would delete from the site server itself.

This is where i believe i screwed up!

I uninstalled manually the SQL server from programs and features first, then the Microsoft System center. Now, when I try to uninstall the Microsoft System Center I get this error:

post-20082-0-03891500-1402927351_thumb.png

So, I had tried is install Sql express manually hoping Configuration Manager would pick it up and it appears that does not work either. I get the same error message.

Anyone have an idea how to remove the configuration manager manually so I could push this through again from the console? Is there any powershell trick to get this done i wonder?

Thanks all for help,

Hi Guys,

I am having separate issue with deleting secondary. On my first attempt creating Secondary Site Server from the console to a server that is in another region, it passed the prerequisite, but eventually "failed to install". Stupid me, I didn't really pay attention what failed, I just went ahead and did a delete to start over the install from console. When I initiated the Secondary installation for the second time.. it failed to install again, this time I looked at the "show install status" what caused the failure. It showed "Site server or site system role is already installed ......." and "SQL was installed....."

So, I went into the server to look and it does show from the first attempt it had successfully installed on the server although the console showed "failed to install". I did an delete again from console and gave it some time to replicate. It was cleared from console, but it does not appear it would delete from the site server itself.

This is where i believe i screwed up!

I uninstalled manually the SQL server from programs and features first, then the Microsoft System center. Now, when I try to uninstall the Microsoft System Center I get this error:

attachicon.gifSQL Error.PNG

So, I had tried is install Sql express manually hoping Configuration Manager would pick it up and it appears that does not work either. I get the same error message.

Anyone have an idea how to remove the configuration manager manually so I could push this through again from the console? Is there any powershell trick to get this done i wonder?

Thanks all for help,

Guys I have fixed my issue...

I went into the regedit and deleted the SMS REG folder. located at: HKLM\software\Microsoft\SMS

You would also want to make sure the SQL folder is also deleted in the Programs files of Windows.

So, after making sure all is cleaned to near fresh machine again... I ran the secondary creation again from console and I was able to get everything re-installed and read ACTIVE now.

Thanks,